Progress

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Linda's Mission

Linda from Linda's Bandwidth issued a mission.  Go read her post because it's really a fantastic idea.

So here's your mission if you choose to accept it – think of at least 5 things you like about yourself. If you're up to it post it on your blog.

I'll be honest...this was A LOT harder than I thought it would be.  I guess I don't give enough time or thought to things I like about myself or why I'm a decent person to be around.  It's taken me over an hour to write this post.  But I accepted the challenge and so here it is.

  1. I have a cheesy smile.  No, this isn't a bad thing.  The one thing my smile IS is real.  There's no fake smiling for me.  If I'm fake smiling, you can tell.  When I smile, it's big and toothy and my cheeks almost cover my eyes but it's genuine.
  2. I'm funny.  I'm not sure that other people think so but I crack myself up and I make my Hubby laugh so there ya go.
  3. I am a very loyal friend.  I'll do anything I can for you.  But don't take advantage of me.  Once I'm done...I'm done.
  4. I have a good work ethic.  It may not seem like it compared to my grandfather or parents who never called in sick to work a day in their lives.  And it took some time to get here but I do.  When Hubby and I were first married, I got a job and have worked for that same company for the last 8 years.  I've moved up through the ranks and make ALMOST enough money to support my family even if Hubby never gets a client or decides he wants to work at a McDonald's for the rest of his life.  It'll be OK.  I'm proud of how far I've come professionally, especially with no degree.
  5. I'm a great public speaker.  Small groups, large groups, one on one.  I can talk to anybody...as long as it's professional or I'm presenting something.  I'm socially shy but if I have to present something, I'm engaging, funny, interesting...everything I need to be.  And I love it because I know I'm good at it.
Whew...  Will you accept the challenge?

4 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

I crack myself up too!! This is a great challenge :)

Linda said...

Thank you for doing it! Your list is great - it's a shame that it's hard for us though. It might be a fun thing to casually do with your girls.

tz said...

OMG, I hate public speaking...I really admire those who can. I'm coming out of my shell though and volunteered to teach a couple classes (ugh) -- I crack myself up too...sometimes at inappropriate times :D I love the things you chose to be proud of about yourself, they are all great accomplishments!

Rhonda said...

How crazy is it that I've been thinking of doing this for a week or so, but can't think of 5?! :/ I need to bite the bullet!

Love your list. :)