First...I logged in this morning to find 200 followers!!! When I started this little blog, it was to find some support in this whole banding thing. I never thought I'd have so many people playing along in the world of Candyland. Truly...I feel so lucky to have found this little (though quickly growing) niche in the blogosphere. Thank you all for the support and inspiration. Now on to weekend.
Big Hike. 5.6 miles up... and 5.6 miles DOWN. So I wound up hiking with my BFF and some of her friends from work. 2 of these friends are real hikers and one is just a skinny little thing who is too funny. Anyway, I held my own on the way up. Slowed them down a little but not too bad. We made it to the top. Yay me! Then they all said that instead of taking the bus down, they were gonna walk it. Mmmmmkay. I was set on the bus but I didn't want to be the only wuss who took it. So I walked down. That's right ladies and gentlemen...that makes over 11 miles walked on Saturday...half of them UPhill. I did not die. I tell you what though...I could barely MOVE Sunday. Still sore today but getting better. Here are some pics.
|My walking group...Me, BFF, Skinny Thing, Jeff & his dog Guiness|
|Darn glare! But yes...I made it to the top|
|I wrote this on the "Why I Climb Wall" - for my brother in law|
|Very excited about making it to the top|
- A year and a half ago, I was training for the 3 Day. BFF and I did a 4 mile training walk through hilly terrain. I was slow, I was sweating, and I almost didn't make it to the end. I did 5.6 miles UPhill and felt OK. I did 11 and didn't feel as bad as I did after that 4 miles. Amazing!
- I couldn't pick up my tshirt until the morning of the event. I didn't want to carry one around so instead I went in search of a tank top I could wear under the shirt as not to be too hot. I found one at Target...size MEDIUM.
- I tried on the size large and the size medium 3 times each before deciding that medium was the best way to go. It clings more to the tummy than the large but provides the girls with more support. I got on the park and ride bus in that tank top and, for the first time ever, wasn't self conscious that people thought "What is that fat girl doing in a tank top?"
- 11 miles. That's a half marathon. That's right. I walked a half marathon.
After the hike, I went home, showered, and then off we went to a friend's 4 year old's birthday party. It was fun..more like the kids just running around while parents hung out kind of thing than an actual party. Sunday was spent being sore and at the mall. The kiddos play on this little play area thing at the mall and love it. We popped into the Disney Store to reserve a copy of the Muppet Movie and let the kids color a picture there. We bought them a pair of shoes and then hung out at home.
My grandmother is not doing well. She is able to speak at this point and feed herself but still cannot move. She's also experiencing heart failure and has liquid on her one lung. It's really just a matter of time. My mother seems to be holding up OK but I am debating flying up there to be with her. We'll see.
So it's Monday... work has been really stressful the last few days and today doesn't look as though it's going to be any better. But I feel good about how I spent my weekend and I'm on the healthy train. I was going to start up the 30 Day Shred but the muscles just aren't going to do it today. Thinking of breaking out an old yoga video instead. I have my breakfast and lunch packed along with a healthy snack if needed. Some goals for the week:
- No cookies
- No chocolate
- No fast food (Mon-Fri)
- No coffee house coffee (Mon-Fri)
- No eating out (Mon-Fri)
- Get all my water in
- Work out at least 3 days
- Minimal snacking
Sounds like a lot but really it's just breaking stuff down into pieces. Hope y'all had a great weekend. For a little Monday DEMotivation: