Time For Ten Thing Thursday...courtesy of Laura Belle.
1. It was 95 this morning...at 5 a.m. Ugh.
2. So I've complained about my boss here before...outside of being incompetent, she's like a fitness nazi who has terrible nutrition advice. You may have read the first incident here. That was February and while I've come to deal with her little barbs, it's just as bad as it ever was. Yesterday she goes off on this tangent about an aerobic strip tease class she went to and went into more detail than I needed to know and put a nasty image in my head. Seriously...I could've reported her to HR for this convo. How does she know I'm not easily offended??? But to top it off, she ends this conversation by saying, "You should try it! It's very un-intimidating (ummm..that's not a word biatch!) and there are people there of all shapes and sizes." Umm...thanks. She might as well have said, "You should try it. There are a bunch of other fat people there too." Oh How I loath her.
3. My coworkers and I have started referring to our boss as The Dark Lord a la Harry Potter. I also might have referred to my mother in law as a dementor a couple times too. Oops..."it's as if all the happiness were sucked from the world." Just sayin'.
4. So my boss' boss asked me to come up with a quick little paragraph about what I want to be when I grow up. Am I too old to go with "Firefighter Princess Gymnast Ballerina?"
5. I picked up 3 new followers this week! So excited to see y'all and welcome!
6. So I have an afterschool care nightmare. The place we used doubled the price on us this year which is ridiculous so now I have to figure out something else to do with my girls on Wednesdays. Stupid school district has a half day every Wednesday where the kids get out at 12:30. I can't get off until 2. Bah! I'm leaning towards a private sitter but it's a tough time to find one.
7. Ever since I've gotten back from SC, I've had a pain in my left arm. I can't be sure if it's my shoulder or my elbow as the pain is right between the two. Could it be muscular or a tendon or something? No idea what I did to it but I'm ready for it to be better now.
8. OK...so we've got an extreme heat advisory here for the next few days and I swear my office is turning the air conditioning off at night. I am absolutely sweltering when I get in at 5:30.
9. I think I'm tired of AZ. It's funny...I go through this every summer. But when I was in SC, my kids were playing out front and I didn't feel the need to keep the door open or be out there with them the whole time like I do out here. It may be because I grew up in that same town and know all the neighbors and the neighbors keep an eye out on all the kids and stuff. But it was just so much nicer to give the kids the freedom to play without me watching like a hawk. *sigh* Maybe someday we'll make our way back east.
10. I'm getting excited about meeting the other AZ bandsters later this month! It was one thing meeting the Jenns...but 9 of us?? I'm not sure of AZ can handle it!
Hope y'all are having a good week and just keeping telling yourself that tomorrow is Friday...tomorrow is Friday...