So it's been two years since I've had this little plastic ring placed around my stomach. How have I fared? Well, I don't have many deep or heart wrenching thoughts about my second year bandiversary so we'll start with the numbers...
I've lost a total of 74 lbs and 14 points from my BMI. I've lost a total of 44 inches all over my body. You'll notice only ten of those lbs and 5 of those inches were lost this year. Am I disappointed with my second year? Yes. But I want to be very clear about what I'm disappointed about. Am I disappointed with my band? No. This was all me. I got lazy and I got complacent. The band took me as far as it could go and it was up to me to get me the rest of the way. I didn't get it done. But I'm still so happy with how far I've come in 2 years and I didn't gain...that's the most important thing. Am I giving up hope? Never! This year saw some great NSV's....
- I've run 4 5k's this year!
- 2 5k's in one day!
- I've broken out of my shell a little bit and engage in social behaviors!
- I'm taking impromptu fitness classes!
- I'm looking for active things to do - groupons to rock climbing (which I still need to actually spend), taking the stairs, etc.
- I'm not associating food with the movies anymore...once in awhile I won't get popcorn if I'm not hungry.
- I did 43 floors on a stairmaster!
- I'm able to do so much more without being sore or achy or just worn out for the day - cleaning the garage for 4 hours...like it's nothing. I can walk for HOURS!
- I can fit into my high school graduation dress.
- My high school class ring fits!
- I can walk sexy in a skirt - my hips (and yes, you can now tell I have some) actually swivel!
- I can wear an apron that ties all the way around to the FRONT.
- "One Size Fits All" fits me!
- Seat belts on planes are no problem but more than that...my thighs don't even touch the sides of the armrest AND I can cross my legs on the plane!
- 11 mile hike - not so bad!
- I wore a work out tank top in PUBLIC!
- My Inner Demon isn't as loud as he used to be and I think even HE'S starting to enjoy this new body..instead of telling me not to work out at all, he tells me to make it a short one
- No more granny panties!
- I did a turkey trot with my daughter...we ran...in public...in front of others...and built a lasting memory and maybe a new tradition.
- I wore a shirt tucked in for the first time in years.
- I can bake stuff without sampling now.
- I haven't had a soda or beer in MONTHS.
- I'M MORE HAPPY WITH ME!!!
So there you go. That's a year worth celebrating regardless of what the scale or measurements say. Is Year 3 too late to reach goal? Absolutely not! Writing this post has truly reinvigorated my resolve and motivation. Maybe that's all that's been lacking this year. So...without further ado...the progress pic...