Progress

Monday, July 22, 2013

Weigh In 7-22-13: Really?!?!

Starting Over Weight: 182
Last Week: 179
This Week: 183.5
Change: +4.5

What the what?!?!?  First...I'm fairly certain given how I did this week that this is a mathematical impossibility.  I was spot on with my choices Mon-Fri.  Saturday brought a lot of alcohol and an single scoop ice cream cone.  Sunday brought a couple breakfast potatoes, a dinner roll and little fried cheese goodness (but not lots of it).  You cannot tell me that I went that batshit crazy!  I'd have to consumer an extra 15,750 calories to gain that!  It's impossible!  And I know it's impossible.  I know I'm retaining water because I'm dehydrated.  I know all of this and yet I still feel frustration.  I hate not seeing good work rewarded on the scale.  But here's what else I know.  I know I'm feeling better.  I know that when I do eat something fried, my body almost immediately rejects it.  It's remember how good it feels to eat healthy so wtf is the problem here?!?!?

Anyway, I shall not be deterred.  It's Monday and it's back to stricter eating and working out.  I know I'm doing the right things.  OK...OK...the drinking part not so much but there are going to be weekends like that.  The scale will catch up.  I just need to keep keeping on.  Today...it's coffee, grapefruit for breakfast, hummus and... I'm not sure yet for lunch, meatloaf with mashed cauliflower for breakfast.  Working out once Hubby's home.  I WILL not fail...regardless of what the scale says.  I FEEL better, healthier and that's what matters most.

My sentiments exactly...

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Dehydration is a definite issue with the scale - I can gain up to 3 or 4 pounds when dehydrated even if I've been 100% on plan! I often gain over the weekend, too, but I try to minimize it and make sure I am still on a downward trend generally (so I might weigh more on Monday than on Friday, but still weigh less than the Monday previously!). Keep at it - you're doing good work :D

Barbara said...

Salt will do it everytime.. drink water loaded with fresh lemons an mint.. the water will pour out of you.. hang in there .. the tide is going to turn soon!!