Progress

Monday, July 29, 2013

August Is Going To Be Tough

So...weigh in?  Sure.  Why not?

Last Week: 183.5
This week: 182
Change: -1.5
Total Change: 0

Seriously?  Are you kidding?  Whatever.  I'm over it.

So this weekend was awesome.  We went to the beach Saturday morning and even though we didn't really feel like it, we ended up having a great time for a few hours.  Sunday was spent cleaning my room.  I'm like a child..I keep up the rest of the house but my room is a wreck.  We re arranged the bed and everything because the former set up was triggering my night terrors.  At least that's the theory.  I slept better last night so I think there's something to it.

Incredibly disturbing... So yesterday we went to Applebees for the first time in YEARS.  Little NSV for Hubby on this one.  We never went to Applebees because they only had booths and Hubby couldn't fit.  Yesterday..no worries. :)  Anyway, despite pondering a couple of dishes that had rice or fries or whatever, I decided on a good option of grilled chicken with veggies.  Awesome.  Food comes and it looks good.  We start eating and it tastes good.  Then I look down and what do I see?  A very tiny, very CURLY, black HAIR in my food!!!  Blech!  Needless to say, appetite was gone and so was I.  Service was slow and everything was just iffy at this place.  Applebees is back off the menu.

What else?  Oh!  My interview...went well.  At least I think it did.  The whole thing was "Tell us about a time when..." and "Give us an example of..." questions.  I hate those!  I didn't get stuck on any and feel fairly good about it.  I have my second interview this Thursday.  I really want this job.

August is going to shape up to be a tough month.  I'm feelin' bullets on this one:

  • We have our trip to Phoenix 8/7-8/14.  Travelling alone with two kids just isn't my idea of a cup of tea.
  • I have the wait and see stuff with this job.
  • I have my preop appt 8/6 and surgery 8/15.  I'm having a partial hysterectomy (can't remember if I put that in a different post).  Feeling a little nervous about it even though I've had surgery before...this feels different.
  • Girls start school 8/19.  Before that, we need to go through all their clothes again to see what still fits and do school shopping. 
  • I was supposed to go to Omaha for work at the end of August but will be recovering so that's off the table.  My boss is not happy about this.  The truth is that it wouldn't matter when I scheduled this surgery.  It's never a good time to be away from work for 2-4 weeks.  They'll just have to suck it up.  I want to do this asap in case I get offered that position.  I don't want to have to start just to go out on leave right away.
  • It feels good to be discussing how much this surgery may cost out of pocket (after insurance) and know that we can make it work regardless.  We'll owe a $1500 deductible at the preop appointment and it's nice to know that we can do that.  There was a time not so long ago when that would've put brakes on the whole thing.
  • That got me thinking that even if insurance premiums are made affordable for EVERYONE and EVERYONE gets insurance some day.  The lower income families are still going to go without care because of things like a $1500 deductible paid up front.  That's a lot of money to come up with.  Then to pay that 20% of everything else later.  Well...I can just see how this is still going to be an issue even if everyone has insurance.
OK.  I kind of went off on a tangent there.  Anyway...that feels like a lot going on in August and a lot to deal with.  I've also decided that once the girls start back (and I'm recovered from surgery) that I'm joining a big gym again.  I miss my gym and all the options.  I'm starting to check them out now so I'll be ready to go.  I'm committing to going every day after I drop the girls off at school.  Hopefully it'll jump start the losing again.  AND it will be after I get my fill so great things start happening in August.

Hope y'all had a good weekend and are ready to face whatever this week will bring!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

There is a lot on your plate right now, wow! I will be thinking of you!

Beth Ann said...

Awww...love the Applebee's NSV for hubby. :)

Connie O said...

Glad you finally got a nice enough day for the beach!

I hope you get good news from the interview. Sounds like you need a new boss.