Progress

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mexican Food and Flying Sweat

I went out yesterday for Mexican food.  I shan't be doing that again any time soon.  I got a taco salad and while I didn't eat the shell of the salad but I did eat some chips.  I also had 2 margaritas.  I'm alright with the choices I made except for the ridiculous stomach ache that came after that.  I started feeling gassy right when I got home and felt miserable up through dinner.

Despite feeling like literal crap, I went to the gym.  All ellipticals were taken so I grabbed a treadmill, plugged in and started walking away to "That 70's Show." (GREAT cardio time killer btw).  The guy next to me is going to town running...and working up quite a sweat.  The lady next to me is power walking like I am and watching "Law & Order." (Yes...I'm nosy like that).  Halfway through my walk, I look down and see drops of water on side of my treadmill.  I checked my water bottle to see if it was sweating with this Florida humidity we get but no.  Then I realize that the running guy is literally flinging sweat everywhere!  Then the second realization hits me that if that sweat is landing on my treadmill then it's also landing on me!  EEEEWWWWW!

To add insult to injury, I get over the disgust involving the sweat and I'm a good 25 minutes in to the walk...about ready to finish up when the smell comes.  Someone (I can't confirm it's the guy next to me but I wouldn't put it past him) lets a fart rip.  While I couldn't hear it, I could SMELL it and it LINGERED.  SO FREAKIN' GROSS!

I got in a great workout yesterday between the 30 minute power walk (not up to running again yet) and 30 minutes of weight training.  My arms are sore today but a good sore.  :)  My stomach felt better by the time I left too.  I went home and we got dinner ready.  Steak kabobs, dippables and deviled eggs.  What are dippables?  Blasphemy!  Only my favorite side dish of all time!  It's just raw veggies with Ranch but we had to give it a fun name for the girls.  We have this probably 4/7 nights in our house.  Steamed veggies just don't sound as good in the winter and my kids love it too.

Last night was cucumbers, orange peppers, tomatoes and carrots!
Tonight, it's steak and eggs because we had steak left over.  It's all good eating here folks...outside of the mexican food which is totally lesson learned.  As Hubby said last night, "Comfortable shoes and regularity are all you need to be happy."

This morning started with a trip to the gyno for an endometrial biopsy.  I had this done before my ablation and it was uncomfortable but no big deal.  Not this time!  So painful!!  I'm crampy and feeling miserable now but stuck at work.  OK...so I work from home but still...would rather be napping...

Happy Hump Day y'all!

5 comments:

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

Um, EW on the sweat but I'm going to have to laugh on the fart. Been there, done that while running. Sometimes you just can't help it!!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You know - I was thinking about re-joining the gym but now? Not so much. Thanks for making up my mind for me. I cannot even fathom either of those things. Ew. Proud of you for working out when you didn't feel good though.

RockBand Barbie said...

Flying sweat....eeewwwww. And the fart...even a bigger EEEWWWWWW, nasty. But I was laughing when I read it :)

Sandy said...

Ha Ha. Laughed about the SBD fart (that's Silent but Deadly). Hubby does that to me. Good for you for sticking it out getting in a workout--smelly but worth it.

Connie O said...

Now, that's dedication to push on at the gym when someone right next to you was being so unpleasant. For me, the best time to go is when I know it's so quiet I can have plenty of space!

Mexican food is a tough one, especially if you like margaritas. I always tell them not to bring chips, which can help a lot!