Progress

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rougher Than I Thought

************************TMI ALERT*************************

So I wanted to share this experience as there may be some women who want to get this done sometime and maybe my experience may help.  On Thursday afternoon, I had the Novasure procedure at my doctor's office. Basically, it's where they insert a mesh into your uterus, it inflates out so that it's touches all surfaces of the uterus sending out electrodes to destroy the lining.  The point is the lighten your periods, or in some cases, eliminate them altogether.  More info is here.  My procedure was done in my doc's office under general anesthesia.  From the time I walked into the office to when I walked out probably only took about an hour and a half.  I had some mild cramping the first 2 days and so far, no significant discharge (they say this can happen even a couple weeks out so I'm knocking on wood that it's not too bad).  Now what was bad?  And here's where the TMI comes in.  I don't know if it was the anesthesia, the pain meds or the general trauma of having anything done to your body like this, but Saturday is when the gas and constipation hit.  I'm talking doubled over, didn't want to get off my couch kind of pain.  Saturday night, the dulcolax and gas-x kicked in and I spent every half hour to an hour on the toilet.  Finally relief came Sunday morning and I was 100% by Monday.  So far, so good.  Since my last child, my periods have been all over the place (even while on birth control) and since I'm done having kiddos, I'm really hoping this procedure "takes."

So I spent most of my weekend recuperating.  Sunday evening, we went to a Memorial Day shindig at Hubby's friends' house and Monday we hung out at home and tried out our new Babycakes Cake Pop maker, which my mother thought we needed.  The girls had a lot of fun with it and I wish I would've snapped a picture of the cake pop bouquet we took over to my parents yesterday after we were all done.  They looked pretty good and I'm proud to say I only had one.  Incidentally, while this thing does put off some heat and parental supervision is definitely required, my kids love this thing!

So last night, for whatever reason, I had a really hard time getting to sleep.  There must've been something in the air because Hubby was pretty restless as well.  My youngest woke up around 11 complaining that her ear hurt.  I really hope we don't have another ear infection in the works.  But I say all this to say I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm beat.  I started dreading coming back to work on Sunday (you know you hate your job when...) so this is the icing on the cake pop, so to speak.  I got a text from my boss over the weekend saying there's an issue for me to handle first thing this morning so I suppose I should be working on that but so far, I'm too tired and unmotivated to even check my email to see what it is.  All I know is that lots of caffeine is needed today.  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and for those of you Stateside, enjoy your shortened workweek.  

4 comments:

tz said...

I've been thinking about that procedure..I am hoping that the WLS will help in getting things back into order, but if not will think about it...but may take some colace first :D

and the cake pop thing, I've wondered how to make those...

jennxaz said...

oh, I wondering about the cake pops! Johnny always wants to get one at starbucks but I think they are too expensive ...now making them myself may not be too bad......hope your monday is laid back and peaceful!

Theresa said...

I had the procedure done 6 years ago and it's been awesome. I don't have a period at all anymore. I don't remember having any problems though. Hope it works great for you too!

Vanessa said...

Never heard of this - I have an IUD - and never get my period - its awesome! good luck with it!