I did well yesterday. I've decided that Thursdays will be Wine Night as Thursdays suck at work and I need it by Thursday night. I did indulge in one glass of Moscato last night but it was totally worth it. Came in about 100 calories over the goal but no worries there. Ate paleo all day and logged accordingly.
Breakfast: Frittata and coffee
Lunch: Apple Chicken (but may pick up a salad somewhere as that sounds better)
Dinner: No idea.
Not much of a plan, is it? Didn't realize the marinaded chicken I was going to make has to marinate overnight. Oops.
So I have a post planned about something I saw in the news (non weight related) but this post is already going to be ridiculously long so I'll hold off.
here. I am so proud of how they've handled everything and they've become real advocates for a cure and helping others in their situation.
Alrighty, time for BYOC, Courtesy of Draz - Link to the right ---->
It’s Friday fun day! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog if you so desire and have fun!
1. Are you a “wake up on the first beep of the alarm clock” or a “hit the snooze button 50 times before you get up” kind of person? Is your alarm clock set to the right time?
• I used to hate snoozing. I woke up when the alarm went off...period. Now I snooze two or three times and then I get up. I'm sure this drives Hubby crazy since I get up an hour before him (and that's after the snoozing). I think this early schedule for the last 2 years is finally taking its toll. Also, with the sleep disorder, I'm still just so tired when that alarm goes off. It's interesting this question was brought up today as I was 20 minutes late to work because I somehow turned my alarm completely off and overslept.
2. Do you decorate for any holidays other than Christmas?
• I only decorate for Christmas but not because I don't want to. I grew up in a house that decorated for Christmas, Easter and Halloween. I have no other decorations than for Christmas and I find it hard to justify the money to buy that when we're still struggling financially. I will say that I've always wanted to have one of those Pier 1 Imports houses that changes its entire decor for every season. *sigh* Someday...
3. Would you consider yourself a spontaneous fly by the seat of your pants kind of person or a massive OCD controlling planner kind of person or someone in between?
• I used to be spontaneous. When I was 18, I decided at 8 pm that I wanted to drive to Mexico just because I hadn't been there and a friend and I did (this was before the drug cartels were killing people along the borders). When I lived in Columbus with Hubby, I came home Thursday afternoon and said, "How do you feel about a road trip to Milwaukee for a book signing?" "When?" he asked. "Tomorrow morning." And we did. Now I have children and the energy and spontaneity has been sucked right out of me. The closest thing to spontaneous I have now was last weekend when I called my niece on Friday to see if she could babysit Saturday afternoon so Hubby and I could see a movie. It's smaller by scale but still felt good to just "do" and "be" as opposed to having it planned out 2 weeks ahead of time just to see a movie. This was a really long answer to this very simple question.
4. Tell me some of your MUST have hair products that you use consistently….you know - share your “hair routine”.
• My sister is the one who spends an hour doing her hair. Mine gets washed and brushed and I use a smoothing cream to keep it from being frizzy. It air dries. Done and done.
5. Repeat question: How was your week and what are your upcoming weekend plans?
Week was good. Paleo went well overall. A few hiccups but nothing too extreme. Stayed within my calories and only veered out of paleo eating a couple of times. I had no sweets or processed sugar (outside of my coffee and one glass of wine) so I feel good about that. One of my BFF's started a blog that I LOVE - find it here. Weekend plans are slim. I have a bridal shower on Saturday, Hubby might take the girls to a movie during that time...maybe. I'm a little nervous about the shower as it's for someone who I'm "kind of" friends with and I won't know anyone else there. The old me would totally bail on this and make some excuse not to go but I'm doing it. And that's the extent of it. I'll go visit my mom on Sunday. There ya have it. Exciting stuff.
To all the mothers and mothers in training out there (Baby boom here at work...this is why I'm not drinking the water here)...
Happy Mother's Day!!
Keeping with a Mom's Day theme, here's the Friday Funny: