Progress

Thursday, July 21, 2011

So Far A Better Week

I'm feeling pretty good about the food choices so far this week.  I chose NOT to use my Dairy Queen coupon last night and instead had an apple with Nutella.  Certainly a better choice.

I did go to the gym yesterday and broke a real sweat for 60 minutes.  Hitting my July goal is looking pretty daunting.  I only have 9 days left in the month and still haven't quite hit half way yet.  I know it's because I haven't been getting that third workout in every week which was critical to hitting the goal.  I have no plans this weekend so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get that third workout in.   I may also need to kick it up a notch in the next 9 days and workout a little longer and maybe add a day here and there.  We'll see how it goes.  The bright side is I did the stair mill again and made it up 81 floors.  That's 2 up from last time. We'll call it progress.  I don't know what it is about that machine but I sweat like it's going out of style on that thing. I figure it has to be working.

I'm excited and nervous about my fill appointment on Friday.  In some ways, I've been able to eat as if I don't have a band at all (big bites, BREAD no problem, etc.).  I know the band isn't necessarily supposed to limit WHAT you eat or even HOW MUCH you eat, it's supposed to keep you satisfied longer.  Well, it isn't doing that either.  It seemed a couple months ago, I found it a lot easier to avoid the candy bowl and snacking.  Food was sort of a nonissue and now it's all I'm thinking about lately.  What am I going to eat at my next meal and how much longer is that again?  I'm also a little nervous that my doctor is going to be mad that I haven't lost anything since the last time I was there.  This is pretty unfounded as he's never been anything but supportive but I'm still kind of dreading it.

NSV:  So I tend to keep stuff FOREVER...specifically clothes.  They basically have to be either falling off me (at this point) to get rid of them or have holes or whatever.  As far as pajamas go, I've always preferred the oversized t-shirt approach.  It's warm enough long enough in Arizona that I don't usually have to have bottoms or something warmer.  Anyway, I have a nightshirt that I've had since I was 18 years old.  I was probably 19 the last time I wore it.  Since my preferred "jammies" were in the wash last night (and yes, I generally wear the same ones every night and make sure to wash during the day.  It's a lightweight football practice jersey I "borrowed" from Hubby when we first started dating and I've pretty much worn it every night since if I wear a shirt...moving on...).  So I grabbed this old nightshirt and it FIT!  Not quite as big as it used to be but definitely oversized and comfy for bed.  The shape's changed a bit but I do believe I'm approaching the size I was when I was 18...can you believe that?!?!

Your Thursday Tickle:

7 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great NSV!! I'm happy for you.

Rhonda said...

*DROOL!* I never even considered eating apples with nutella, but I love it.

And Leslie's right - great NSV! :)

~Lisa~ said...

What a fun NSV!! Way to go!! I love the cartoon, hysterical! Oh, and for the record?? I was going through some old things and found a dress I bought - when I was pregnant with my first son, TWENTY FIVE years ago! Makes me wonder what else is in that closet.........

Amanda said...

Awesome NSV. I will have to try apples with Nutella - that sounds amazing!

Amanda Kiska said...

Cool!

Jessica said...

So, nutella is good??? The commercial kinda grosses me out. I don't know why...I'm just strange like that!!

And I hope you get the fill of your dreams!

Rachel said...

Great NSV!!!