Progress

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Under Review

I called UHC this morning and spoke a very nice woman who advised that the case was opened with them yesterday morning.  They received the file from my surgeon's office Friday afternoon.  Now a nurse will look it over and the final OK will come from the medical director.  She could provide no ETA on when any of this may happen.  But I figure just verifying that they did receive it is the first step.  Hopefully when I call on Friday (as I'm trying to limit my obsessiveness to just twice a week), this story hasn't changed and the nurse will at least have had a chance to look at it.

In other news...I have caught some sort of stomach bug.  Just awful with the vomiting and what not.  I left work early yesterday and slept pretty much clear on until this morning.  At that point, I had to get up and come into work as my partner was off today.  Ugh.  So I am muddling through and deciding that it may be time to try to eat a little something.  We'll see how that goes.  I hope y'all are having a wonderful Tuesday. 

8 comments:

Barbara said...

sigh! for the stomach bug (but better to get it now than with banded).. I think your adventure on waiting for approval is turning into a suspense thriller.. APPROVE HER ALREADY... Hope you feel better

Amanda Kiska said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm sending approval vibes to the insurance company.

~ Katie ~ said...

Hope you start to feel better soon...and at least you know they've received the paperwork. Fingers crossed for a fast approval :)

LDswims said...

I hope you feel better soon!

And sending warm happy thoughts for a quick approval. I hope when you call them on Friday they say it's approved!

Bonnie said...

Glad they have your file. That's a good first step. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully you'll get good news when you call on Friday.

Bonnie said...

P.S. - love the cartoon!

Linda said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! On a positive note my husband just got approved by United Healthcare last week. They had his paperwork in the system on Tuesday and he was approved Friday. Hopefully the same will happen for you and you'll have a great weekend!

DiZneDiVa said...

Good Luck! I hope your approval comes quickly. The prep work is what takes the longest... when they send the paperwork to the insurance company, It is usually pretty quick for approval. It sounds like you're on your way! See you soon on the other side. *Maria*