Progress

Thursday, May 27, 2010

To pass the time...

So my husband thinks I'm crazy because I want to call the insurance company again this week.  Imagine how crazy he'll think I am when he realizes that it's taking all my willpower to NOT call TODAY.  As I said in Tuesday's post, I will call tomorrow because I don't think once or twice a week is too obsessive (many would disagree).  Soooo...since I'm sitting here NOT calling...thought I'd give y'all a taste of how I'm passing the time (lucky you).

Quote of the Day:
There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through... There needs to be a monster truck option.

      - Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content #1356, 03-10-09

Joke of the Day
While driving in Pennsylvania , a family caught up to an Amish carriage. The owner of the carriage obviously had a sense of humor, because attached to the back of the carriage was a hand printed sign..."Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust.''

Word of the Day
regnant \REG-nuhnt\, adjective:

1. Prevalent; widespread.
2. Reigning; ruling (usually used following the noun it modifies): a queen regnant.
3. Exercising authority, rule, or influence.


Riddle of the Day:
The higher I climb, the hotter I engage, I can not escape my crystal cage. What am I?
***Answer at the bottom of blog***

And finally...the cartoon of the day

 

So for all prebanders out there, trying to kill time waiting for an approval, take heart.  I will probably be posting a good number of these as I await my own hopefully good news.  I am feeling much better...the stomach bug as finally flown the coop; however, it didn't fly far.  My oldest is now sick as well.  *Sigh*  It's always something.  My mom was kind enough to watch her today so I didn't have to call in.  Thank goodness for moms, eh?  I just hope she doesn't get sick too.  Otherwise, we're moseying along.  I hope you're all having a very happy Thursday!  Scroll down for the answer to the riddle...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Answer to Riddle - A Thermometer

9 comments:

carla said...

I know how hard it must be not to call!!! Hope you get good news tomorrow morning :-)

Lynda said...

Hang in there!

LDswims said...

Great way to pass the time!

As for not calling...well...I did....three days a week. And then I finally gave up and said I wasn't even gonna call again...until one day...I did...at the prompting of a friend...and that was the day I found out I was approved.

They hire "customer relations" people for a reason...make 'em earn your premiums, I say. :)

~ Katie ~ said...

Hang in there girl! Loved the riddle

Bonnie said...

Hoping you get good news tomorrow.

Heather said...

I couldn't stop calling. I figured that there are so many at the insurance company, you wouldn't get the same one twice. Hang in there. It WILL happen! Wishing approval vibes!

Barbara said...

They are used to the calls.. you are not alone and only proves that you are serious about this.. and you know what they say about the squeaky wheel...

Hang in there.. it will happen soon!!!

THE DASH! said...

Good luck for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you.

Inspiration said...

I would be at their front door, banging!! good luck, fingers crossed for you!