Progress

Monday, September 17, 2012

My Body Really Doesn't Like It

That's probably the best way to describe how I feel right now.  So I finished Friday off strong.  Then everything went downhill for the weekend.  My eating was terrible...too much fried stuff, too much booze (oops!) and too many carbs.  And I'm paying for it.  Last night, I was miserable.  My stomach was making terrible noises of protest, I felt bloated and well...just plain blah.  My stomach just cannot handle days of eating crap anymore, apparently.  This is a good thing.  I'm actually looking forward to eating cleaner today.  I will say this...I definitely think this fill did some good as while the food choices weren't good, the portions were spot on.

So the weekend was good...Saturday we hit up a couple Halloween stores around town checking out all the spooky stuff.  My girls have decided to dress up as Dorothy (ala Wizard of Oz) and one of the Monster High dolls.  That night, Hubby and I had a date night.  We went to a local place called Monsterland Bar & Grill.  Very interesting place.  It's a former haunted house that they've turned into a bar so there are these animatronic monsters everywhere...very dark...they really stick with the theme.  Then we went to our favorite little local dive bar to finish out the evening.  We picked up the girls and went home...always nice to have a little kid free time.  Sunday, we didn't do much of anything.  We were supposed to go to one of my oldest friend's daughter's baptism but the girls weren't feeling well so instead we hung around the house, did our grocery shopping, hit the library and that was about it.  Now it's Monday and I'm back at work (ugh) and back on plan.
Hubby and me at Monsterland - really tough to get a good pic because it was so dark!

Thank you all for voting for my warrior tshirt... I'm leaving the poll up (top right of the blog) for a couple more days to see if there's any drastic change but right now, Wonder Woman has a hefty lead.

I signed up for my first 5k of 2013 already.  The event sold out last year so I wanted to make sure we made it in this year.... for the second year in a row, we're doing the Color Run!  This time, the whole family is doing it so it should be a blast.  Some of our friends are doing it again this year and even some AZ Bandsters are looking into it.  I still have one 5k to work in this year to hit my 5 in a year goal...just gotta find one that speaks to me.

Today, it's Body Works (hopefully the regular instructor or a different sub this week).  Only 33 days until the Warrior Dash and I'm not messing around.  I feel myself getting stronger and readier each time I work out.  The part I'm probably most worried about is the wall climb...smooth wall and a rope...Not sure I can lift my butt over it.  I've gotta find somewhere to practice something like that.  ***NSV*** New PR on the push ups front.  I did 55 girl push ups in my last Bodyworks Class!  More than halfway to my goal of 100!***

I lost a follower over the weekend.  It happens...guess my blog just didn't speak to her...and that's alright.  I want to touch on this for a minute...I know we all love followers and super LURV comments but ultimately it's about support and accountability, right?  So if you lose a follower here or there or have a hater that comments on your blog, you can't take it too personally.  Unless you have one of those ubersuccessful blogs that gets 18 billion hits a day, your blog is pretty anonymous.  These people don't know you, don't know your personality and it's really easy to be mean to other people when you're anonymous.  You can't let people like this get you down...it's really not worth it.  :)

So in honor of everybody and their brother having a blog and getting a little wrapped up in it (raising hand...) a little Monday DEMotivation...yes?


11 comments:

jennxaz said...

whatever..I totally take it personally if I lose a follower! :)
and you so got this run and being able to pull yourself up with a rope---don't sweat it...you have been working it!
Go superwoman!

A.J. said...

Thanks! Needed to hear this. Also, isn't it a great feeling when your body rejects junky foods? Well, obviously not a great feeling when it's happening but you know what I mean? It's like your body has higher expectations for what you put into it.

adorkbl said...

Monsterland sounds cool. May have to check it out sometime.

WAY TO GO on the 55 pushups. That rocks. I need to work on my upper body strength. Blah.

RockBand Barbie said...

I would love that bar...love Halloween stuff!

I never keep up with how many followers I have...I purposely try not to look at it because odd numbers kinda freak me out and I don't want to know if I have an odd number of followers :)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I just figure someone deleted their blog instead of figuring they hate me cuz denial is so much easier, you know? LOL

Maria said...

Super impressed with the pushups!!

Beth said...

That bar looks so cool!

No name said...

I'm doing the Color Run in about a month - can't wait!!!! You're brave doing the Warrior Dash...I don't think I could handle it. LOL

Rhonda said...

Demotivation poster made me laugh. How true. I figure I'm probably just too much for some people, so if I lose a follower or five every once in a while... meh. lol

Hope you're having a good weekend, sweetie! Text me tomorrow. :D

Rhonda said...

OH, and great new PR on the push-ups. Proud of you!

Reggie said...

Did you say 55 push ups? That is great Manda.... I can do 5, lol! By the way, I am in it for the long haul.... I love your blog :o)