Progress

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ten Thing Thursday 6-6-12


1.  Jillian Michaels is the devil.  OK..Maybe not the ACTUAL devil.  But I'm pretty sure she's trying to kill me.  Day 2 of the "Work out after work" plan was a success.  I went home and did the 30 Day Shred, Level 2.  That's right...I said Level 2.  It hurt and I'm super sore today.  I can actually FEEL my abs...like there are actual muscles to be sore there.  Go figure.  

2.  I have entered a motivational agreement with Jennxaz.  I'm texting her every afternoon to tell her to get her butt to the gym.  In doing so, it guilts me into working out as not to be a hypocrite.  So far, so good.


3.  Today is a challenge..more of a mental one than anything else.  I'm working a half hour late today and then going to a friend's house to get the 411 on taking care of her cat for the weekend and pick up the key.  I'm guessing it's going to be 3:30 or so by the time I get home.  So I'm faced with the scheduling crunch.  I won't finish working out until 4, meaning I'm not picking my girls up until quarter after...gotta make dinner, clean up, etc.  But I'm not letting a busy day interfere with my plan.  So my girls will stay at daycare a little longer today.  It's not going to kill them.

4.  I bought my airline tickets to SC today.  My mom is coming with me to help with flying with the girls and, of course, visit her long distance grandkids.  We'll be gone July 18-25.

5.  I'm sure we'll have a good time (I grew up in SC so probably won't be doing much of the touristy stuff - I'm guessing more beach and boat) but I'm a little nervous about flying with the girls.  It's a long flight and then we have a 2 hour drive once we reach the state.  Getting there and coming back is NOT going to be fun.

6.  Interesting stuff happening at work.  Lots of movement, org changes, rumors.  It makes me a little nervous.

7.  My house is a wreck...seriously...deep cleaning required.  I'd like to say it's getting done this weekend but with Hubby out of town, it's probably not going to happen.  We'll see.

8.  So new insurance plan at work this year = a stack of bills sitting in my desk.  I'm afraid to open them.  I really dislike getting billed later for the medical services.  Every single trip to the pediatrician, minute clinic, lapband doc...everything gets billed later and by the time I get it, I've forgotten what it's for.  I'm not organized enough for this.

9.  Next Monday I'm opening all of them and getting them paid (or on a payment plan, depending on the amount).  It's time to bite the bullet but I can't bring myself to do it this week.

10.  Stephanie posted this article on her blog about Chris the "650 lb virgin" who regained 300 lbs after losing 400.  Sobering reminder of how hard this battle is, even with seemingly endless resources.  This guy had a free personal trainer, supportive girlfriend, and free plastic surgery to take care of the skin.  It's still a struggle.  I hope he's able to lose it again.

4 comments:

jennxaz said...

I'm going to ND with Johnny this summer, I bring his movie player, psp(for video games) and some workbooks, this usually keeps him busy during the flight...along with some fun snacks that take awhile to eat...wish I could drug him...oops did I say the thinking part....jk :)

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Wow you are busy. May the force be with you!! Things going on at work with the changes and rumors would make me nervous too. Flying with kiddos..yikes! Been there but I know you can do it! I also hate getting medical bills!! And I hadn't read this story about the guy who regained. Thank you for posting it.

Amy said...

I recall watching that show. What a shame....Chris Powell became a superstar with a TV show, while his "friend" struggled in the background. I hope he's able to lost it again. A reminder to us all that there were/are issues why we eat, and we need to address and come to terms with them to be fully "healthy." Just my two pennies.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Where in SC? I grew up in Greenville and my bestie lives in Charleston!