Progress

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sharing is Caring


Just thought I'd share a few links to occupy your time this morning.


New Blogger Alert!!  This is a new blogger who was banded in April.  She's lost 40-some pounds already and is doing great but I know she'll benefit from all the advice and support we get around here.  Here blog is here.


Another link I was given is this one. It's called Diet Spotlight and basically it's a rundown of every diet/supplement/exercise regimen/fad/cleanse out there.  In full disclosure, I was asked by one of the people who own the site to post this link.  But I went and checked it out and it's kind of interesting.  I think it's handy if you've already got something narrowed down to a few products and want to compare them.  However, I get the feeling the site is paid to promote some products over others.  For instance, one of their top picks is the flex belt.  Really?  Sending signals to the nerves in your abs for a work out.  This thing has been around FOREVER and if it really gave you sixpacks, EVERYONE would have one.  But if you want some basic info between products (price, shipping costs, return policy, etc.), it's a pretty useful site.  I would take the reviews with a grain of salt though.


Here's a fun one.  The 50 Fattiest Foods in the U.S.  Some of these are just absolutely repulsive.  My top pick for yummiest is the deep-fried pastry appetizer stuffed with crabmeat and cheese.  My top pick for most obscenely disgusting is the Fried-brain sandwich.  Enough Said.  Another favorite was the donut burger - Ground-beef patty, topped with cheese and bacon between two donuts instead of a bun.  I guess Paul Dean added her flair to this "classic" but topping it off with a fried egg.  Eeewww.  Fun Fact about this one from my very own home state - the Quadruple Bypass Burger.  Two people in the last year have actually HAD heart attacks while AT the Heart Attack Grill.  Wow...how are they still open?  So the list is here and it's broken out by state.  What is your home state famous for fat-wise and What are your favorites? 


So that's the entertainment I have for you today.  Things are holding steady here.  Not great, not terrible.  Found out my inlaws are coming to town next week.  *sigh*  This means drama.  Overall, this week is about getting through this on-call stuff with minimal disruption.  How I loathe this little phone!  I haven't worked out at all this week but am determined to get some kind of exercise in today.  Will report back tomorrow.  OK...gotta get back to work.  Happy Thursday everybody!

7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

Tenneessee is the 4th fattest state in America. And of course our food is known for being floured and fried. Cracker Barrel originated here :)

Azmomo2andcounting said...

My husband keeps asking me to let him go to the Heart Attack Grill and my answer will always be a big f'ing no way! Can you imagine that thing?

jennxaz said...

OMG dying laughing here...Montana is rocky mountain oysters---love those balls but my favorite is from my Eskimo family ice cream made from lard and caribou...can you say yummy?

Lap Band Gal said...

I want to eat that deep-fried pastry appetizer stuffed with crabmeat and cheese. YUM!

Jen said...

I'm with LBG, that app sounds AMAZING!!!

Leigh said...

Thanks for the run down of the nasty food. I think I'm cured:) Not really, I want the crab meat appetizer too!

Morgan said...

I am a little ashamed to be from the state that is sporting the deep fried nuts!! EWWWW!! I really love the comment about how it is hard to nail down the nutritional content of testicles.

I may be too late, but good luck with the in-laws. I just survived a weekend with mine and it can be hard for me to keep my mouth shut when they are around.