Progress

Friday, June 29, 2012

Jack Sprat Could Eat No Fat

We'll get to the title in a minute.

Yesterday was basically a waste of a day here at work.  We had a vendor visiting and spent pretty much the entire day with them.  This included a lunch out.  I didn't do too bad but not great either.  I ate about half of my burrito and called it good.  It was pretty yummy though.  I did not go to Zumba last night.  A little backstory:  I'm having my windshield on the car replaced and the guys messed up the scheduling, thinking I was available until 2 pm when, in fact, I wasn't available until AFTER 2 pm.  So I need to reschedule.  I was going to Zumba because the guys should've been done by the time the class started at 5:45.  Well, once they cancelled I didn't want to sit around and wait for the Zumba class.  So, instead, I went to the gym straight after work and got my sweat on.  I keep changing up the workouts just a little to keep it interesting.  Yesterday I decided I would do 30 minutes on the treadmill and however far I went, I went.  I made it 2 miles.  Then did my weights for the upper body, back and core which is what I so desperately need to work on for the Warrior Dash.  Felt pretty good and I hit a new PR for sit ups.  24!  Doesn't sound like a lot but it's an improvement and I've updated my goals to the right.

So the title?  Well, my eating has been atrocious this week!!!  Now I'm not one to say fat is bad...honestly, I've read enough about paleo and inflammation and all that jazz to know it isn't.  It's the sugar and processed crap that does us in.  Unfortunately, they didn't make up a little nursery rhyme about sugar so I went with Jack.  I'm thinking of doing some kind of sugar fast to kick the cravings and get my mind in the right place.  I'm mulling it over...we shall see.

So it's Friday.  Yay!  When you dislike your job as much as I do, every Friday is a blessing.  Tomorrow we're taking the girls to the circus and then Hubby and I are going out for an adult celebration of my birthday.  Several friend are meeting us at a bar and there'll be drinking, eating, and general merriment.  It'll be a good night.  My mom's awesome and is watching the girls overnight so no curfew for us this time.  :)

Hope you've all had a good week!  A little Friday Funny to send us off to the weekend!

6 comments:

jennxaz said...

Oh I wanted to go to circus but we are entertaining Saturday...it looks awesome..have fun!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I SERIOUSLY need to do a sugar detox. I feel like I'm living on it right now. UGH

Jen said...

What time are you going to the Circus?? We are going too, I think at 3! Have a good weekend!

Rhonda said...

Have a great time tonight!

And I'm with you. It takes 96 hours to get over the carb mania and it's HARD. But totally worth it. :)

Mari said...

Happy belated Birthday lovely - have a great time tonight x

Stacey said...

I am trying to break the carb monkey, but after I run, that's all I want! I am forcing myself to eat some protein instead, but my inner child is stomping her feet the entire time!


Have a great time!