- Not sure if you noticed because I certainly haven't looked at in a long time but my ticker has been changed. For the first time in a little over a month, I weighed myself this morning. 157.5. That's a NEW LOW! -1.5 from the last time I weighed of which I do not remember the date. For the lack of effort, this is a welcome sight.
- Got another update from my mom last night. Up until yesterday, Grandma has adamantly resisted going into a home. It really is the only option at this point since it takes 3 people to move her and Grandpa just isn't strong enough for that. But yesterday, she told the family and doctor that she's ready and she wants hospice. This is a good thing because it'll alleviate some of that guilt that I'm sure my grandfather has been feeling about the whole thing. This does mean, of course, finding a different nursing facility, which they did and should be moving in today.
- My big work issue has finally been resolved. This is a big deal as it was my first real challenge in this job. I think I've finally figured out that I am the person who deals with the annoyances in my area so that'll just be part of the job description. Not sure how I feel about that.
- Davy Jones died yesterday. The Monkees were way before my time but I remember seeing Davy Jones on the Brady Bunch and I thought that was funny. I also like some of their songs. Anyone else see some similarities between the young Davy Jones and Justin Beiber? Just sayin'.
- Anyone else scared for children today? In the past 2 weeks, I've read about 2 shootings at schools (I'm sure there have been more). The big one is the one in Ohio where 3 kids were killed and no one knows why. The other was where a 9 year old brought a gun to school, had in his backpack, dropped is backpack on a desk and it accidentally discharged, hitting a schoolmate. It looks like the child will be OK but what a terrible accident. It makes me want to keep my kids at home and not let them leave the house!
- Hubby's birthday is this weekend. He's turning 38...gifts have been bought but not sure what we're doing yet. Thinking the Desert Botanical Garden or a farmer's market or maybe even heading way up north and seeing if there's still snow on the ground. We shall see.
- So awhile back...I did a post about a ring my grandmother had given me. Post is here. I'm wearing it today and it makes me feel a little closer to her which is nice. My grandmother has a lot of kids, a good number of grandkids and a few great grandkids added to the mix. I'm not sure if she's given a little something to everyone but being somewhere in the middle of those grandkids, it's easy to feel overlooked...especially since we've always been long distance. It's nice to have something that was hers, even if it wasn't one of her most prized possessions.
- In looking for that old post about the ring, I got read over some of my older posts which I always find fun. I see how motivated I was training for my first 5k then and it makes me want to get out there and get motivated again.
- Hubby and I have talked about it once or twice but I'm not sure if he realizes we've made a decision. Once he has some steady income coming in, we're getting a cleaning service and I'm rejoining my gym. I don't mind picking up and laundry and stuff but dusting, mopping, toilets and vacuuming...I HATE. I also realize how much I miss my gym. It was so much easier for me to stay on track there.
- This ones going to be my daily check in.
I had Sbux yesterday but it was a skinny and not a mocha. I needed the extra caffeine and I admit it just made me feel better. I know, I know...need to find another way to deal with feelings. The eating out...I'm totally OK with this one. After the parent teacher conference, Hubby and I went to a bar near us and had a drink and appetizers. We're making this a weekly thing I think as it was so nice to feel like we were "stealing" an hour. Still no working out. I've got to find something that's really going to motivate me. Hmmm....
So that's Thursday. Good stuff.