I swear someday I'm going to work out. It WILL happen. Some day I'm going to go home and just do it like I'm supposed to do it and like I've planned to do it. Yesterday was not that day. My mom finally made it back to town. She's been up north for about a month, dealing with my grandmother's health, then the funeral, then getting things in order for my grandpa. So I took the girls over there to see her because they've missed her so much. I'm sure she's happy to be home and to see them too. Then I had dinner with the BFF. I knew I was going out to dinner so it was within my plan. No worries. We went to Starbucks after dinner because it was "Kids Eat Free" night at the restaurant and we'd had about enough of that and Starbucks was right next door. So I did have coffee house coffee that was not really in plan but that's alright too. Got home around 9 which is about a half hour before my bedtime. Was not working out at that point. Don't know what my deal is...just can't seem to make it happen. But in an attempt to be kinder to myself (See 2012 goals to the right), I'm going to list what I did well yesterday and how I'm feeling this morning.
- I stuck to my breakfast, lunch and little handful of nuts.
- I said no to the tagalongs at my mom's house and remain chocolate free.
- I have been carbonation free for a couple months now (at times it's been difficult to say no to the Coke or beer but I'm doing it) and I've had NONE of that shoulder pain I was experiencing before.
- I brought my lunch today and am not going to be persuaded to go anywhere.
- I can walk sexy again. I don't recall ever walking sexy before but I'm sure I did at one point. I'm wearing an outfit today that makes me feel really good about me and makes me feel thin and attractive and something about the way the skirt clings in some places makes me swivel my hips when I walk. That's right...I said "swivel."
- While I haven't started working out, I feel really good about how I'm eating this week. Feels good to be somewhat "on plan."
- I've had quite a bit thrown at me at work this week and feel that I'm handling it all pretty well and that maybe my boss doesn't think I'm completely incompetent. That'd be a good thing.
So over all things are pretty good. Hubby is liking this job he's got. Hopefully it turns into a permanent position. If it does, we're thinking of taking the girls to Disneyland this summer. I'm doing some research in preparation just in case and I'm an analyst (well, I used to be...guess I need to change my profile) and researching is in my wheelhouse. Not sure if the finances will work out, but if they do, I'm all about it.
So that's my Wednesday so far. Feeling good. I have meetings starting at 9 up until I leave. Going to be a long day. So how about a Hump Day Happy Thought to keep up the good vibes?