Progress

Friday, March 2, 2012

BYOC

Yes, I've already posted today but what the heck...I don't feel like working.  Courtesy of Drazil, here is the BYOC for this week.


1.  Since I talked about psychics this week - I'm curious....if you could see one for free and you could only ask one question - what would it be?

*  Will we EVER be financially stable?  It seems we've struggled for so long and we just can't seem to catch a break.  It's like "make a financial mistake in your early twenties and then pay for it for the rest of your life" around my house.

2.  What's your favorite ice cream flavor and topping?

* Mint chocolate chip with chocolate syrup on top.  NOT chocolate fudge...chocolate syrup.  I don't like the way chocolate fudge slides off the top and then pools at the bottom.

3.  What's your preferred method of working out?  DVDs, an external gym, gym inside your home, classes?

* External gym for sure.  If left to my own devices, it just doesn't get done.

4.  If you work outside the home or if you ever did or will in the future - do you think it's better/easier to work with men or woman?  Who do you work mostly with now?

Men, hands down. The timing of this question is impeccable as I've had several conversation about this subject this week.  I don't want to be a traitor to my sex but I hate working for women.  My last boss was fantastic so it lulled me into a false sense of security about women in the workplace.  Women are generally (and obviously I am one so I like to think I'm objective. lol) kind of bitchy, hormonal, catty and unfair.  So much of what they think of you is wrapped up in first impressions.  And they're slaves to their hormones.  It seems every woman boss I've had (even the last fantastic one) had grumpy tendencies once a freakin' month where you knew not to ask for anything.  They also play favorites more, in my opinion.  Men are jerks.  It's true.  And they all think women are inferior on some level (doesn't matter what your hubby, boyfriend, brother, etc say...they're thinking it at first).  But once you prove yourself to a man, you're fine.  No more issues (unless he's a REAL jerk and you start dealing with sexual harassment stuff). Earning the male boss respect is just about proving yourself.  You have to work a little harder than others at first but then it's smooth sailing.  With women, it's too emotionally charged.  Right now, I work with ALL women.  And no, I'm not enjoying it much.

5.  Repeat question.  Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Real life sucks.  I've been pretty open about that this week.  Hoping next week is better.

Blogland is alright.  Picked up a few new followers and finding some banding newbies or preop ladies to follow which is kind of fun.  Been worried about Kristin and what's going on with her band and health and sending good pain-free thoughts her way.  People are getting riled up about BOOBS 3.0 which is fine and good if you get to go but I always kind of dread the Chicago posts since I never get to join in.  Enough whining about that.

Have a good weekend!


4 comments:

Rhonda said...

#4 totally agree. :)

I'm trying to keep the BOOBs related crap to a minimum this year (and the fact that it's 7 months away makes it pointless to start obsessing anyway)... I felt like I talked about it constantly last year. Pretty shitty, probably.

jennxaz said...

I hear you on making some bad decisions and paying for them forever. We have had a really rough few years...3 to be precise. But I am trying to make 2012 a different and improved year. I just hope it does.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

A ton of people said mint choc chip. I think I'd ask your #1 question too.

A.J. said...

I really really hate that you are not gonna be able to make Chicago. That makes me have sad pants.