Progress

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ten Thing Thursday

I've never done the 10 Thing Thursday post before so I figured I'd try it and see how it goes.  I also think that the more I post, perhaps the mojo will make its way back...we'll see how that works out.


  1. I was going to be good and save money and bring my lunch today and I left it sitting on the counter when I left the house.  Brilliant!  I also forgot the rent check that has to be mailed today and my prescription I need to have refilled.  What didn't I forget this morning?  My coffee...and that's about it.
  2. Number 1 task I hate doing: oil changes.  And no, I don't mean physically changing my own oil.  I mean...taking my car in.  I had a coupon for a place yesterday, took it in, took them over an hour and they tried to sell me 8 billion things while I was there.
  3. I actually started my Christmas shopping yesterday.  I'm one of those still frantically searching for gifts on Christmas Eve so to even start this early is a big accomplishment for me.
  4. Does anyone else have a really hard time shopping for their parents?  For whatever reason, my mom (who is usually the hardest one for me) was easy as pie but my dad...ugh...what to get someone who doesn't need anything at all.
  5. Hubby finally has a surgery date to fix his flipped port - 12/13.  Yay!
  6. Hubby and I have decided our family is complete.  I'm going in on Monday to have a permanent birth control procedure done.  In a few months, I hope to be baby proof and Aunt Flo free!  We'll see...
  7. I'm very grateful that we're able to get these procedures done before the end of the year so we aren't paying out of pocket for them.
  8. We were invited to a Christmas party this weekend.  On a whim, we've decided to go.  My niece said she could babysit..hopefully that doesn't fall through.  It'll be fun to have a date night.
  9. I've set a date of 12/5 to get back on track.  I'm allowing myself to wallow for another few days, enjoy the Christmas party guilt free, and then I'm taking Robyn's advice and getting over it, re-motivating, refocusing and getting back to remembering why the heck I had this little piece of plastic implanted in me to begin with.
  10. I find it ironic that part of my new job is paying invoices every month.  Hubby handles the bills in our house because I can't seem to pay anything on time (see #1 above about the rent check) and now I'm being held responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars being paid out on time every month.  I'm laughing out loud at the idea.
Coming up with 10 things was easier than I thought.  Go figure.  Hope you're all having a fabulous day...it's almost Friday!  Yay!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Thursday!! xx

Rhonda said...

Woohoo for permanent BC!! :)

Sam said...

Glad to hear that hubby can be operated on sooner so that you are not out of pocket. And work is completely different to home. My desk at home is a complete mess while at work I is clean a a whistle...go figure :o)

Amy said...

You should have hubby get "snipped" at the same time his band is fixed! LOL