Progress

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Can I Get Through 1 Day...

Without eating like crap?!?!?!?

I'm not convinced.  Yesterday was just a crapfood festival.  Not as bad as this past weekend but I had Sbux for breakfast, half a chocolate muffin, Mexican food for lunch, a snack bag of Fritos and then country fried steak for dinner.  No bueno.  *sigh*  It's not even the type of food that's bugging me as much as the fact that it's all store bought, restaurant, processed crap.  If I had made every one of those things at home, I would've felt a little better about it.

So what's the plan for today?  I brought some deli chicken and cheese for breakfast.  I brought my own coffee with just my bit of cream and sugar as opposed to the calorie laden caramel machiatto I had yesterday (Yes...I know you can order this one "skinny" but I didn't, OK?!?!  So get off my back, OK?!?!!).  I brought left over whole grain pasta for lunch, even measured just a cup of it.  Going to attempt to get through the day without snacking.  Having pulled pork sandwiches tonight (but I'm not going to have the bun) with cole slaw.  Maybe an apple with nutella later tonight assuming I don't blow it before then.  And, no...it's not a primal day but at least it's a home cooked day which is as good as it's gonna get right now.

Other part of the plan?  I am calling the doc today to make an appointment for a fill.  After reading so many blogs and lapbandtalk and all that...I am terrified of becoming too tight.  Not only can it cause serious problems with the band but it just sounds so absolutely miserable.  So I've kept my band fairly loose.  However, I'm due.  I'm snacking, looking for food, not holding out 3-4 hours like I was.  So I'm sucking it up and calling the doc and, to be perfectly honest, I want a BIG GIRL fill.  I need something to remind me about what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.  I've been drinking SODA for god's sake!  Yep...bubbly, carbonated, sugar laden, calorie infested SODA!  Egad!

I'm recommitting to my "lifestyle changes" that have been posted on my blog since even before I was banded.  Let's review the Candyland Rules, shall we:

  1. No Fast Food except Chick-Fil-A - ummm...right...gotta get back to this one.  SERIOUSLY.  I think I somehow convinced myself that Subway isn't fast food.  Well it is.  Time to get over it.
  2. No Soda - Addressed this earlier.
  3. Take Daily Vitamin - I've actually been super good with this one.  Once I discovered gummy vitamins, it's been smooth sailing.
  4. Use Stairs at Work - I've been good about this too...not all the time but most of the time.  I should actually replace this with my 30 minutes of activity a day rule.  Hmmm...I'll ponder that.  

Finally, thanks for the all compliments on my last couple posts.  I do admit that I don't mind taking pictures nearly as much as I used to.  And it is so nice to have people tell you how cute you are all the time.  LOL.  The feedback's definitely welcome when the scale isn't moving and you know it's all your fault.  Ahem...moving on.

I leave you with a cute panda pic...just because.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is the cutest pic evah.

And I hear ya, I feel gross when I don't cook. I make pretty much everything I eat... every day. Except the morning protein bar, of course.

Am I secretly on the paleo diet? LOL

Also, how much fill do you have now? You've done fantastically if you don't have much. :)

Rhonda said...

Haha, or even if you do have a bit. I just meant in general you've done great! (Thought I'd clarify. lol)

~Lisa~ said...

I've been putting some poor choices in my pie-hole as well these days. Not sure why - my band has been kind of tight! I need to get back to logging I suppose 0 I need the accountability!

Amanda said...

I have been eating tons of junk this past week!! Not sure why but next week I start my trainer again....

Cece said...

Good luck with the fill ... I'm still assessing mine ... cute pic ! Not as cute as you were in your biz suit, but still cute ;)

Ms. M said...

I'm right there with you in crap food fest! It blows and even after stocking up on good foods for the house I've still had restaurant food every frickin day! Its craziness! That pic is super duper cute. :)