Progress

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

So it's Wednesday.  The magical day where the weekend is glimpsing out from around the corner and there's hope that...yes...Friday will eventually make its weekly appearance.  And no, it's not all that wacky but it's not "wily" either, nor "wild" so y'all get "wacky."


Heard something fun on the radio this morning.  If you take the last 2 digits of the year you were born and add it to the age you are this year, it will always equal 11 or 111.  For instance, I was born in 1981 and I turned 30 in June, 81 + 30 = 111.  My youngest was born in 2007 and turning 4 in November, 7 + 4 = 11.  It works!  Kinda creepy but a fun way to kill some time this morning.


I had my second interview yesterday.  I feel so-so about it.  It was a little short.  It's been my experience that short interviews aren't good signs but they didn't really have that many questions either.  I was given a "homework assignment" during my phone interview on Friday and have forwarded that to the hiring manager this morning already so hopefully she'll be impressed with that.  She said to expect third interviews to take place with her boss in the next week or so.  I gotta think they're weeding people out throughout this process and they aren't just making everyone go through all these hoops.  So far I've had an HR screening, telephone interview, and an In person interview with the manager and one of her colleagues.  Not to mention, my "homework."  I do find it frustrating that people who have worked a heck of lot less and are a lot more incompetent are just handed these promotions here lately while I jump through hoop after hoop but I digress.  I really need out of my current role and the more I talk with the hiring manager for this job, the more I think I'd like it.  And, as promised, a picture...Please excuse the dirty bathroom and bad lighting.




Meanwhile, Hubby is gearing up for going out on his own at the beginning of the year.  He keeps flip flopping between whether this is a good idea or asinine for trying it in this economy.  I think it's a good idea but it's definitely a risk and you never know how these things will go.  But there's no time like the present and since it doesn't seem fate is going to step in with any good fortune any time soon, it's up to us to make good things happen!


Activity levels have definitely dipped this week.  It got hot here again which makes me lazy.  I don't want to be outside running around when it's 100 degrees out.  It's freakin' October!  It should NOT be in triple digits by now!  


So that's Wednesday.  And to leave on a positive note...a Hump Day Happy Thought.
“Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” -Devon Dashelle Wesley

11 comments:

Theresa said...

You look really cute! I hope you get the job!! A yay for hump day!

Lap Band Gal said...

cute suit! :)

~Lisa~ said...

You look soooo wonderful!! Great suit!!

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

Kristin said...

You look so professional! Great Pic!

Rhonda said...

I hope you hear from them, sounds like a promising opportunity!

Also, you look fab. :)

Catherine55 said...

That suit looks great on you!! Looking great, Manda! Fingers crossed for you on the job -- toes too!

Nora said...

I hope the interview went better than you think!

Bonnie said...

You look great. I'm so hoping you get the job.

Lyla said...

Good luck on the job! Your interview outfit is very flattering.

Cece said...

You are a tiny doll ! Hope you hear good news soon !

Lee Ann said...

Nice outfit! Hopefully the interview went better than you thought but even if it didn't---you sure looked good!!