Progress

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Got It!

The job, that is.  Wahoo!  It's a lateral move but comes with a raise (possibly a substantial one...still negotiating) and more autonomy and room for growth.  I'm a little nervous as it's something I've never done before but it's an opportunity to learn something new and gets me out of this clustereff I've been deal with in my current role.  They want me to start 11/1 (So quick!) or 11/15.  My current manager and new manager are going to work it out so nobody's left in a lurch.  VERY excited!  We went to dinner last night to celebrate (still working on the whole not rewarding myself with food thing) at Olive Garden (I know, I know...for foodies out there, don't hate me but I still like Olive Garden). I had a bread stick, salad, all the mussels, some of the shrimp and scallops and maybe a half cup of pasta (tops).  Then the four of  us shared the pumpkin cheesecake.  Sooooo good.  Thank you all for crossing your fingers for me.  I really appreciate the support I get here.

The family has a busy couple days ahead.  We have a "Pumpkin Walk" at my oldest daughter's school tonight.  Then she and her sister both have Fall Parties at their schools tomorrow.  Then my youngest daughter has her Fall Festival tomorrow evening.  Saturday, Hubby has plans with friends from afternoon into the night.  Then Sunday it's pumpkin carving and caramel apples.  Good stuff.

Not sure if I've mentioned but my eye has started twitching again.  It went away for a month or two and now it's back.  Not really sure why.  I'm hopeful that getting out of this job will get rid of it for good but I'm almost convinced that it's mostly my youngest daughter's Tyrannical Three's causing it but I digress.  I picked up one of those gel masks that you can make warm or cool.  I had read that warm compresses can help.  Two nights of doing it...still twitching but I'm not giving up.  It makes me look pretty freaky though and I've included a pic to prove it.
Creepy, no?

15 comments:

A.J. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am total foodie but I still love Olive Garden-- their soups rock my socks!! (And the peach iced tea!!) I think going out to a dinner with your family to celebrate isn't quite the same as "I am gonna have a quadruple scoop of ice cream with 3lbs of nuts and sprinkles to celebrate my new job" in the food rewards spectrum. Sorry about the eye twitch-- my has done that one once or twice and it was pretty damn annoying.

Dawnya said...

Congratulations!!!! This is awesome. I'm so excited for you. You are going to rock your new position.

Nora said...

I am very excited for you- congratulations!!!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

First of all CONGRATS!! Second of all NOT SCARY! Twitches are usually caused by stress so that is what it is probably from. I get them in weird places like in my arm or fingers. lol
Your schedule sounds like mine! Have fun!

~Lisa~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!! I had all the faith in the world in YOU - and you did it!! I see absolutely nothing wrong with a celebration dinner - no matter where it is!! Celebrating with a meal is a very good thing!

The twitches could be stress related, could be something else entirely. Please have it checked out...

High fives ALL around for YOU!!!

Jen said...

YAHOOO!!!!! So excited for you!!
I get the twitches when I'm stressed or when I haven't been drinking enough water.. wierd, I know!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting, I am thrilled that you are happy!

chloes_countdown said...

this is SUCH good news!!!! Congrats! so happy for you.
you're going to be great in the new role & new challenges will be exciting.

Amanda said...

I am soooo glad you got the job!! A pay raise would be wonderful and needed but just learning something new is sometimes worth it!

I am with Jen, drinking enough water? Do you wear glasses or contacts?

JD said...

YAY!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You are gonna rock it out, girly!! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my last post - I so appreciate you, MP! As for the tilapia, it was SO freaking easy - literally, 1/2 cup of parm cheese, 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, few dashes of olive oil,mix, then pat it on top of the tilapia filets in the pan. Cook it at 450 for 15 mins, or till fish is done. BAM. And it tastes AMAZING. Oh, and I 'm so with you on the OG...love. it. Red Lobster too. What can I say. Congrats again lady!!!

Rhonda said...

That's GREAT - I just knew you'd get it!!

And when I saw this in the blogger post feed, I totally thought that was a meat mask. Very Buffalo Bill, haha. :) Hope it helps! My eye twitches sometimes, too. I think it definitely is stress-related.

Andrea said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats on the new job! So excited for you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm so happy for you - you deserve this so much!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I know you really wanted this and you got it!!!!

Stephanie M. said...

Yay! Congrats on the job!!!