Progress

Friday, October 28, 2011

BYOC 10.28.11

It’s Friday and time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!


This week my questions are going to themed…as in they are all about blogging and just to throw you off – there are more than 5 this time!! 


1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while? 

October 2009.  Probably not...well, maybe.  I don't know.  I haven't really thought about it.  I did stop once but it was brief and I've been pretty consistent.  I think if I stop finding a benefit to doing it, then I'll stop.  

2.  What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?

Equally - definitely can't decide between the two.  I find writing on my own blog to be very therapeutic, albeit boring for others to read sometimes.  But I love reading about other people's experiences and feel like I'm actually getting to know people.  Also, some bloggers so entertaining...their writing is just witty or clever and the way they explain things can be really powerful.  Their personalities just shine through. 

3.  What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?

That people, as a whole, really aren't that different from one another.  Biggest surprise - over 170 people listen to little ol' me ramble on about nothing.  Fascinating...
4.  Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?

I have not been fortunate enough to meet any bloggers in real life yet.  I hope too though.

5.  Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?

Lapband and weight loss.  I throw in stuff about my family once in awhile too.  
6.  Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?

Public.  I don't hide but I don't really advertise that I blog.  
7.  What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?

Get personal.  There's a difference between being anonymous and not being truthful.  Sometimes it seems people are timid about putting out the intimate details of their lives for whole world to see on the internet.  Go figure.  But what's the point of blogging about your life if it's not really who you are.


Also, if you want followers, you're gonna have to follow people and comment!  I try check back with new followers and follow them in return but I don't always have time to check my Followers tab.  Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to check you out.  I think most other bloggers feel that way too.  
8.  Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?

My mom, hubby and BFF.  That's it.  Sometimes I wish they didn't because it makes it difficult to vent about them, not saying I WOULD...just saying that knowing they read, I never will.  
9.  Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?

I enjoy it.  I blog every other day or so..mostly on days I work because I don't have internet at home (that's changing soon! Yay!)

10.  Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?

Outside of the people who know about it listed above, I keep it a secret.  I'm not real open about my lapband in "real life" so I don't want people I work with or went to high school with or whatever finding out.  If they stumble upon it, that's one thing but I don't advertise.


And it wouldn't be Friday without a Friday Funny - in honor one of the funnest holidays of the year (Look for pics of my girls on Monday)...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your blog and am glad you blog!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Love your answers - and you are never boring!

Jen said...

You are never boring!! I think you are so relatable that I enjoy reading your blog every time you write!!

o.c. bandster said...

love reading your BYOC answers.