Progress

Thursday, January 10, 2013

TTT 1-10-13

I have no idea if I'll hit 10 things today...let's give it a try.

1.  I'm feeling good about my food.  I'm holding off on starting up the gym or treadmill time until I can figure out a good work/family routine and work around it.  I'm not saying there's no time for it but right now I need to focus on one thing at a time.

2.  Still loving Pandora...I think most people would HATE what she picks for me but that's what I heart it so.

3.  New Year = All or Nothing?  Absolutely not.  Reading a lot of posts about people "falling off the wagon" or "already failing at their new year's resolutions or goals."  You can't fail unless you stop trying.

4.  I'm finally biting the bullet and getting my docs together to get my passport.  I've been putting it off for years (I'm just lazy and it seemed like a waste of money since I never go anywhere).  Now I'm missing out on a business trip to Toronto because I don't have one.  I'll be rectifying this ASAP.

5.  Here was the big news in my new neck of the woods yesterday - Shark found in breakers in Jacksonville Beach.  See the video here. Because...ya know...snakes and gators just aren't enough around here.

6.  The flu is sweeping the nation with 41 states reporting widespread cases of influenza.  Remember...get all your vitamins and wash your hands often!

7.  Since I'm on a news kick (easy way to kill a few items), let's talk about this one - the year's best overall diet! The winner was the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) Diet.  This isn't for weight loss, merely for health.  Weight Watchers topped the weight loss list.  I like how both of these don't sweepingly eliminate whole food groups and instead focus on moderation.  Visit the link for more information.

8.  Hubby and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary in August.  I want to take a full week off and have a second (actually first) honeymoon.  We only took a couple days when we first got married.  I'm thinking maybe a Caribbean vacation or the keys even...Hawaii maybe?  Any suggestions?

9.  Working from home is tougher than I thought.  I don't like people that much but I kind of miss the interaction.

10.  I just found out someone tried to break into my coworker's house this morning.  She saw his hand coming through her bedroom window.  She screamed and he ran off.  So scary!  Very thankful she's OK.

Happy Thursday everyone!  One more day til Friday...we can make it!

6 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I hate the flu and I hate stranger's hands in the window. Gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Harmony said...

Pandora as in the music site/app? How does she pick music for you? Inquiring minds and all that...

-Grace- said...

Cruises are fun and are easy in terms of they feed you, give you entertainment options, take you to a few sights to see (if you wish), have nice amenities (usually).

Connie O said...

Sharks! Burglars! Diets! Infectious diseases! Scary stuff!

I just got a warning from our chorus director that a lot of chorus members are sick with flu. Now I don't want to go to rehearsal. Of course they will stay home if they know they're sick, but someone is bound to be carrying the virus around, and that room is a giant petri dish.

No name said...

Ok, that is all over the place. Oh my goodness!!!

I think taking a week off for another honeymoon sounds wonderful!

jennxaz said...

Ok, well if price was no limit...Italy is where I would want to go. I also want to do the east coast in the fall....but Hawaii does sound nice.