Progress

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year - Part 1

So it's been about 3 weeks since I last blogged...probably my longest hiatus since starting.  Did y'all miss me and my endless rambling?  I'm sure you did.  So I'm dividing my new year's post into 2...the first is a recap of what I've been doing the last 3 weeks...the second will be more goal focused.

3 week recap in pictures!

I spent my last week in Phoenix living with my parents and visiting friends before I left.  Maddie was Student of the Month so we went to her special breakfast at school.

We had Christmas with my folks and it was great!  The girls got good stuff and got to decorate and make cookies and all that great seasonal stuff that was severely lacking in our own house.


Once in FL, we didn't have any of our stuff, so we did some of this...
This sign says to be careful of manatees.  Pretty cool,huh?  This is about 2 miles from the new house.

We may need to buy a boat...lol

Taking it all in.

And of course, Christmas got thrown in there...no worries though...Santa made it to our house...






Then we did more of this...


Finally the stuff arrived and we've been doing a lot of unpacking!


Kids got a little stir crazy so we visited a lighthouse.
Hubby in maroon  :)

View from Top

Very windy and cold at the top

Walked up these - 229 steps to the top!


Still trying to get unpacked but Hubby, however, is a bad influence and we still wind up here...



Important to note that the water is ridiculously cold and the children are probably going to catch pneumonia.  Mother of the Year right here folks! 

There you have it folks.  3 weeks in a nutshell.  I started back at work on Monday...working from my home office.  It's definitely different than going into an office every day especially since the kids are still on break.  We haven't started messing with the school yet as the office has been closed for the holiday.  I have LOTS of anxiety about that.  I also can't get my FL driver's license because their ID requirements are CRAZY. I have my SSN card, birth certificate, marriage license and old driver's license but still not good enough.  I need my marriage CERTIFICATE.  That'll take about a month to get from AZ so looks like it'll be awhile before I get my FL license.  Residency stuff is a big deal around here too.  Since none of the bills are in my name, Hubby has to come with me to state that I live there with him despite my name being on the lease.  Wow.  Just wow.

Next post will be goal oriented and I hope to have that up and posted by end of day with a look back and a look forward.

Happy New Year everybody!


9 comments:

Mar's kids said...

Hooray! Was wondering how your move went - looks like you've been very busy! Welcome to your new home - may it bring you much joy!!

Anna said...

Glad you made it safely! Hope everything returns to "normal" for you all soon!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Um hello? Of course I missed you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Um hello? Of course I missed you!

Andrea said...

Happy New Year! Glad everything went well and you've been able to enjoy time at the beach!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

Good luck getting all of that settled! I'm glad you made it safely and despite the cold water you get to enjoy the beach! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I woudl ever be able to lea e the beach if I lived that close. My office woudl be a laptop under an umbrella!!
Glad your move went well. Yup- missed you.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Now I remember that FL document requirement and residency stuff....sorry about that. You have had such a busy holiday season! Glad you may get to settle in to your new surroundings. Have fun at the beach for me!

Sarah said...

Happy new year. I'm so pleased your move went smoothly. Enjoy the beach. It won't be long before it all blends in and becomes just another part of the neighbourhood.