Progress

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year - Part 2

So a look back...


2012 GOALS

  • Complete 5 5k's - I did 4...I would've nailed this if not for the relocation.  I'm OK with it.
  • Active kids - Both signed up 2/9/12 - Am going to get them involved pronto here in FL
  • Be CONTENT - Actually...yes...very much so 
  • 100 Push Ups - Check! 10/15/12
  • 100 Sit Ups - 33 - Pitiful.  
  • 1 Pull Up - 1 with 50 lb assistance - sigh
  • Find a Hobby - Hitting the gym and doing 5k's seriously became my hobby this year.  I feel working out and beaching (is that a verb?) will be 2 this year.
  • Warrior Dash - 10/20/12 - 1:26
  • Be Kind to Myself - Much better...Self esteem has gotten a MUCH better
  • Hit GOAL - Miserable fail on this one

Not so shabby really.  Stellar?  No.  Abysmal?  Not at all.  I conquered some serious fears this year...Warrior Dash, trying new classes, pushing myself physically, getting out socially... And I feel better for all of it.  

I've slacked the last month.  I've eaten too much in volume, too much crap and drank too much booze.  That ends today.  I've had my coffee and a healthy breakfast and lunch and that's it today.  I haven't had Starbucks in over a week.  I'm off to a good start.  So goals in 2013?

There's only one goal in 2013....to get to GOAL.  I'm done messing around.  There's a new ticker and a new commitment.  I've said it before but I'm beyond saying it now.  I'm doing it.  It begins with Weigh In Wednesday.  

WIW:  168.5 (not bad considering).

The goal?  28.5 lbs

Stretch?  38.5 lbs

There may be mini challenges, 5k's, different events, work out goals, etc. that get me here but it's all about hitting this number.  I'd like to say it's all about more than a number on the scale and it we know it is.  It's about the health, it's about the physical fitness of it all and about LIVING but I'm vain and this number has a little to do with it.  I haven't really put forth the effort in the food department in 2012.  The exercise was there but the food wasn't.  Let's get back to the basics of the band which is ALL ABOUT THE FOOD.  Let's get back to putting it all together...not just half assing it.  Let's do this!

3 comments:

speck said...

Gosh, I loved reading this post. It psyched me up! lol

I love your attitude and I love the goals you set.

I really love this that you said, "Be Kind to Myself - Much better...Self esteem has gotten a MUCH better"

Love that!

I think you have done great MandaPanda!

Leigh said...

Happy New Year:)

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

I love seeing your progress on goals. It's wonderful! You're doing so fantastic, and I love that you're being kinder and gentler with yourself.