I was banded August 18th, 2010 at 8:00 a.m. So how do I feel this year has gone? Fantastic! I have lost 62.5 lbs. I admit I fantasized about being one of those people who hit goal in a year...I imagined my 130 lb self living it up at the beach this summer (Not only was the weight dream unrealistic but I live in the desert...duh!). But am I disappointed with my progress? Heck no! I'm 60 lbs lighter than I was last year. After gaining weight year after year after year...to be DOWN 60 lbs is just amazing! Obviously, that means I averaged 5 lbs a month which is 1.25 lbs a week which is right in line where the stats say you'll fall. I'm statistically normal for once. I do not believe I would've accomplished what I have this year if it weren't for my lapband. Yes, I make better food choices. Yes, I exercise more than I ever did. But this tool has made it so much easier to stay focused and not get discouraged. Some more numbers:
Weight: 230 lbs (104.3 kg) 166.5 lbs (75.5 kg)
BMI: 44.9 32.5
Shirt Size: 2XL Large/Tight Medium
Pants Size: 20/22 14/Tight 12
Ring Size: 10 7
Waist 49.5 40
Hips 45 Forgot to measure - oops
Chest 50.5 40
Thigh 27.5 25.5
Calf 18 15.5
Bicep 16 13
Total Inches lost = 26.5
NSVs in the past year:
- I walked 60 miles in 3 days.
- I ran a 5k.
- I can tiptoe up the stairs without making them creak and moan.
- I feel sexy again.
- I need to have my wedding/engagement rings resized.
- I can shop at "normal" stores.
- I can RUN...not very fast but I can...
- I can dance without sweating profusely, without my feet getting sore or having to stop to rest.
- I get hit on...by guys...even younger ones.
- I've become more confident in my work and personal life.
- I wear dresses and skirts again!
- My "butt shelf" hasn't gone away...but it's a lot smaller...
- I went ziplining and had to weigh myself in public and didn't really care.
- I like to shop again (good for ego...bad for pocketbook. LOL)
- Hubby can actually lift me up without almost falling over.
- I can go up and down the stairs without getting winded.
- I can paint my toenails without passing out.
- I set goals now and usually attain them. If I don't, I realize that it's not worth giving up...I just keep chugging along.
- I've gotten much better at FOLLOW THROUGH. I'm becoming a person to actually finishes what they start.
- I can play around with my kids, splash with them in the pool and not feel completely wiped out.
- My kids know what healthy stuff is and what it isn't. They want to exercise and get strong. They drink mostly water as opposed to juice or milk and my oldest will actually opt for a salad over french fries. I want to take some credit for that.
- I've met tons of wonderful friends and supporters through this site.
- Hubby has committed to getting healthy with me and is my biggest cheerleader.
They say a picture is worth a thousand word so without further ado...