Progress

Friday, August 26, 2011

Week Shaped Up OK

So went to the doc yesterday.  Got a fill...hopefully this sticks.  I just had breakfast...ate half and am full.  Good stuff.  So the pain I was having was pretty well gone by yesterday afternoon but I asked him about the pain anyway...he's very sure it's the gall bladder.  He did a quick ultrasound but found no stones.  He thinks it's one of 2 things.  1) My body produces very small stones that break up by the time we're able to do ultrasounds so we don't see them or 2) I have Cholecystitis  which is inflammation of the gallbladder...brought on by stones or basically the same types of things that cause stones.  So there ya go.  We're keeping an eye on it for now but if the symptoms become more frequent or more severe, it will need to come out.  I lost 5.5 lbs since the last time I was at the doc's office so he was happy with me.  I don't go by their scale though so we'll see how the end of the week shakes out.


What else?  Oh!  The insurance mess.  I talked to the insurance guy at the doc's office back on Tuesday.  He called the surgical center and it seems that stuff got crossed in the mail or whatever but we don't owe anything....Thank Goodness!  


Hubby had a security interview for his new job yesterday where they asked him all kinds of more details on the 30 page packet he submitted earlier.  He did fingerprints, drug testing, etc.  He's got his polygraph on Monday and then it's out of our hands.  Please keep those good thoughts coming!


Weekend promises to be a dull one.  Nothing much going on...it's supposed to be record breakingly hot this weekend so we'll probably just swim and putz around the house.  I hope all of you are having a decent enough Friday and I leave you with a Friday Funny.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Good thoughts for your husband. I know a lot of people who have gone through the clearance process and it's daunting.
Hope the fill helps you.

Shannon said...

hope the fill works out well for you.

I had to do that process for a contracting company that supplies us to the government. Very long process! good luck to your hubby :)

Kristin said...

I hope that your fill is just what you needed. I know that mine was for me.

I also am sending good thoughts your way on your husbands job clearance.

~Lisa~ said...

Good thoughts and prayers are sent for the Hubs! And I'm glad the fill seems to be working - ENJOY the weekend!!

chloes_countdown said...

hope the fill works! take of yourself.

Cece said...

Will keep a good thought for your H. Great news on the cost for surgery. The bills are trickling in here (and I'm not happy - happy that I did it but ...well, you know what i mean) :)

Melissa W said...

Good thoughts coming your way!! Love the Friday Funny!! Have a nice COOL weekend!!!!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Good thoughts coming - even though I'm not always commenting - I'm always reading. xoxo

Rhonda said...

Sending good thoughts! :)