BYOC first, then I'll talk about binging (cuz I know you all are dying to know about my binging)
It’s BYOC Friday – Bring Your Own Crazy! Five little questions – some funny, some serious – that you can copy and paste to your blog. We do this in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Enjoy!
1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?
• Yes. I'm almost halfway to goal and I still feel fat. I see improvement but I still have a long way to go. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel "un"fat because I can't remember a time where I didn't feel fat.
2. Tell us about your first kiss.
• 7th grade. My first boyfriend. I always seemed to date skinny, geeky guys. Go figure. It was at a school dance and I remember thinking I was really hot stuff. Then I got all mad because my best frenemy found out and then ran out and had her first kiss the same night so she wouldn't be upstaged. *sigh*
3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?
• Yikes! I'm laid back when it comes to cleaning and stuff until it gets so bad I'm tripping over stuff and then I freak out. I hate being argued with or sassed at and that's usually when I lose it. I yell too much and I think sometimes I expect too much out of my girls when they're still so young. I read to my kids and sing them a song every night. I'm a cuddler. I'm not a sit on the floor and play with them kind of mom but I wish I were. I try to see the humor in what they do and not be too rigid. I don't think I really have a style. I'm definitely not one of those moms that relishes in motherhood. The ones who make their own baby food and can feel the awe and wonder of child rearing in everything they do. I envy those people. I feel like every day I'm learning what it's like to be a parent and I don't know if you ever feel like you've got it down.
4. How would your best friend describe you?
• Sarcastic, loud and opinionated. I'm pretty sure every best friend I've ever had (including my husband) would agree on those basic 3. You know what? They're right. I think they'd also call me loyal and sometimes overly sensitive.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
In real life – So so. Family was sick this week. Makes it more difficult to be me. Everyone's starting to feel healthy again so I'm hoping for a good weekend. Eating sucked but exercise was good. Blogland... pretty good. Getting some feelings out. Lots of posting going on. Good news, bad news...keeps it interesting. Always so amazed at the amount of support that can be found here for all kinds of things that get you down.
So on to the gym tonight. I feel 45 minutes coming on! Zumba tomorrow. Yay! Cleaning house this weekend. Gotta get my place picked up...looks terrible. I may even start my taxes. And, of course, I leave you with a Friday Funny.