Progress

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stupid Knee

I don't know what my knee's problem is.  I went for a walk last night and I started to feel it tug.  I turned around and headed up.  I made it 1.77 miles at about a 17 minute/mile pace.  Not too bad but it was pretty sore by the time I got home.  I'm walking again tonight come hell or high water.  I'm throwing the brace on my knee and telling it to suck it up.  I'm thinking it's trying to rebel against exercise but I will reign victorious!!!

I'm feeling good about the walking.  I like being able to put my ear buds in and just go.  Takes my mind off things for a little bit.  I'm starting to get my mojo back at work a little bit.  The last few weeks have not been impressive.  I've been finding it hard to focus and get motivated.  While I'm still struggling, I'm at least getting things done again.

Short post today but I want to hold myself accountable to my walking.  One of the bloggers is doing 30 days of taking a picture of everything she eats.  I like this idea.  I'm not sure that I'm committed enough to do it but I think I'd like that more than tracking in a calorie counter.  Hmmm....Will have to consider this...maybe in June when all the birthdays hit.  Good way to count how many pieces of cake I eat.

I'll leave you with a random pic of my girls I took a couple weeks ago.  Don't they look so grown up?

5 comments:

Dawnya said...

The girls are getting so darn big.

Be careful with your knee. I'm sure it's nothing...but ice it after your walk.

Proud of you!!

jennxaz said...

careful with that knee girl..I would hate to see you in a brace full time! The girls are getting so big and cute! I am jealous of the beach!

Unknown said...

I had a tugging in the back of my knee for a long time. I just made sure to stretch it before and after I worked out and also wore my knee brace religiously when I walked/jogged. It finally stopped but it took a while to get there. Try some stretches. Your girls are beautiful! Good luck!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I hate even the possiblity of an injury! Take care! Such a cool photo of your girlies.

Ascha2L said...

hi, could your knee pain be this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker's_cyst I had it and had to have fluid drained off and then it gradually got better.