Thursday, April 26, 2012
Ten Thing Thursday 4-26-12
Ten Thing Thursday - here we go.
1. I have caught a cold...I was convincing myself it was allergies until a friend of mine answered "How are you?" with "I think I'm getting a cold," and listed all the same symptoms I have.
2. It really sucks that I have a cold as I'm doing 2 5k's on Saturday. Must be over this by then.
3. Hoping it's not strep throat. My youngest daughter's daycare had a sign posted last week about a child reporting strep throat.
4. I've gotten the bills from my little medical issues from back in March. I haven't opened them. I'm too scared.
5. My desk at work is filthy. There's nothing on it, mind you but it's so DUSTY! I bought some cleaner and keep meaning to bring it in and I keep forgetting. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.
6. My sugar ban is not going well. I had a milkshake last night. I was feeling sorry for myself because of my throat hurting and wanted a milkshake to make it feel better. Must learn not to comfort myself with food.
7. Hubby handles all morning related stuff with my girls. He gets them up, feeds them breakfast, gets them dressed, makes my oldest' lunch, and gets them off to school. I usually try to make this as easy as possible by having outfits out and ready to go and anything going BACK to school (homework folder, etc.) is in the backpack. I have been HORRIBLE this week. I've done nothing to help. I feel bad. Will get back to doing this for Hubby as I do not envy having to deal with my girls in the morning. My oldest is the slowest moving kid you'll find in the a.m. and my youngest is probably the grumpiest. She gets that from me.
8. I was so tired this morning that I walked out to the back parking lot to leave for work and panicked when I didn't see the van in its usual spot. It's then that I remembered that I'm parking in the garage now.
9. This post should've been titled Ten Whiny Things Thursday as that's all I've done.
10. I'm really excited about this weekend and getting these 5k's done! I don't want to give anyone the idea that I'm a real runner. I'm not. I probably won't be able to run the whole thing. I have the same goal of finishing in 45 minutes as I did with the first 5k I ran. The second 5k will most likely be powerwalked but if I can finish BOTH in under 45 minutes (each, obviously) then I will be seriously stoked!