Progress

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not Much to Report

I don't really have any updates.  Exercise has been nonexistent since the weekend.  Food choices have been so-so but so far all home made which is an improvement over recent weeks.  I started the new job on Monday and so far, it's good.  It's a little overwhelming as I'm really out of my comfort zone but also cool to be learning something new.  They definitely have a lot of confidence in my being able to revamp some thing and create some new processes.  I'm not sure what gave them the impression I could do that but I appreciate the vote of confidence.  :)

My brother in law is doing well.  He's back at home with his arm in a sling (The infection was in his elbow.  Isn't it odd that an infection in your elbow could cause such a big problem?) and is recovering well.  Hubby still doesn't have a surgery date for his flipped port.  I know he's frustrating and it's super annoying that he's having this problem.  I really need them to be able to get him in before the end of the year so that it gets paid for before our insurance changes.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Otherwise, I'm just ramping up for Thanksgiving and my youngest daughter's birthday.  She keeps changing her mind on the theme...we've gone from Bunnies to Hello Kitty to Race Cars to a repeat of the Minnie Mouse birthday.  She needs to settle on something soon so I can get my stuff together.  Her birthday party is the weekend after Thanksgiving so it's always hectic.  I'm hosting Thanksgiving again...kind of.  Our new place is too small to have everyone over so we're doing it at my parents' house but I'll still be doing all the cooking.  I can't wait for all the yummy food.  I admit I let myself go a little overboard for the holidays.  This year, the goal is to not gain anything.  So far I've resisted the Jack in the Box eggnog milkshakes.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  Seriously sinful.

So that's all I got for today.  Boring post but what can I say?  Around here, I relish in boring because if it's not boring, it's usually bad news.  With that positive outlook, I'll leave you with a Hump Day Happy Thought.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the hump day thought!

Hope your daughter decides what she wants soon, I know how frustrating it can be to have to plan a party pretty much last-minute. :(

Leslie said...

I love your hump day thought, it is so true and I know I don't always remember things like that when I am angry.

I hope your husband gets his surgery date soon!

Andrea said...

Fingers crossed for your husband's surgery!