Progress

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lunch Success

Hello peoples!  I'm grumpy and crabby today.  I have no good reason to be.  Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess... Oh well.

To answer Ronnie who was so sweet as to follow up...lunch was good!  The girl I had lunch with (we'll call her K to protect the innocent and as to not freak her out by posting her business on the web) is really very nice.  She and I seem to have a similar sense of humor which certainly helps.  The conversation never lulled (as is what normally happens with nervous babbling) but it was nice getting to know someone new.  K's husband is taking his LSAT this summer to get into law school so he'll be a lawyer just like my hubby.  Always good to have someone to comiserate with through that process.  The restaurant we tried was a little pricey for what you get but it was absolutely the best pork tacos I've ever had...EVER.  And I live in AZ so that's saying something.  You get 3 tiny tacos and no sides...if you want sides you have to order them separately (cheap-o me did not).  I ate all 3 and they were ultra flavorful!  Still too much food for me but I managed to gulp them all down.  If anything, it convinced me that I definitely need a fill but as I've said previously, it's going to have to wait until June.  So anywhoozle...I think it went well.  I don't think I was a dork or anything and K even asked if I'd want to get together for lunch again sometime next week.  I said yes.  So there you have it.  Panda...firmly removed from shell...for now.

Moving day is Saturday.  Woot!  I'll be so happy to get back into civilization.  I'm going out with my BFF Tuesday night and we're meeting at a restaurant just 1 block away from our new townhouse.  How nice is that?  No more driving for 40 minutes to barely get there on time.  No more waiting at my mom's house for a couple hours just to save the gas.  The other thing this move is going to do is make getting to the gym SO MUCH EASIER.  Right now...in order to go to the gym, I have to pick up the girls, wait an hour at my mom's house for the Kids' Club to open, go workout and then drive 30 minutes home.  It's just hassle.  Now...I can pick up the girls, go to our own house for an hour, drive 5 minutes to the gym and back.  Hopefully this will prompt me to work out more.  We can hope.

What else is new?  Packing, packing and more packing.  Eating, eating and more eating.  There ya go.  Good times.  Hope everyone is having a spectacular week!  It's almost Friday....

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad that lunch went well!!

Good luck with the move!

Amanda said...

I am soo glad lunch went well! I had a good feeling it would! And good for you for saying yes again! Now come to NC and lets have lunch too.

Thanks for your "kid" comment on my blog! My girl friends here sometimes say they are jealous of me because I have it carefree (Ilol because no I sure as hell do not have it so carefree but I get what they mean) I think I might be sad a little if we don't try again. Scared to lose again. You can't lose what you don't have..maybe that is the fear!

Lyla said...

I'm glad lunch went well :)

Rhonda said...

I'm just gonna repeat what Leslie and Amanda said, I'm really glad the lunch went well! :) New friends are so great.

And awesome that you're so close to civilization! I must've missed a move while I was gone. :(

I live between 15-30 minutes from all of my friends so I can relate to your previous predicament. I bet it feels amazing to be right in the action now!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog! I'm so glad you had a great lunch!

Sam said...

Lunch sounded yummy. I hope you have a quick and easy move :o)

JFBD said...

Hi MandaPanda! You were nominated for blog design makeover by the lovely Layla. You can check it out here :http://justfoolinblogdesigns.blogspot.com/
I need to get in touch with you to make sure I can use a screenshot of your blog for voting purposes. Please e-mail me @ justfoolinblogdesigns[AT}gmail.com
Thanks!