Progress

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

40 lbs GONE!

That's right guys and gals!  This panda bear has lost 40 lbs so far!  I weighed in yesterday at 188.5....40.5 lbs down from where I started.  I've always struggled to lose even 5-10 lbs in the past so I am supery dupery happy with this.  As I've mentioned before, I went years without owning a scale.  My emotional need to lose weight was rooted in being several sizes larger than my friends.  My best guess as to when I was last below 190 was for my wedding...I believe I was between 180-190 7 1/2 years ago.  Now, this won't be a news flash to a lot of you out there but 180-190 7 1/2 years and 2 kids ago looked A LOT different than it does now.  That's a little frustrating.  I know, I know.  What did I expect?  Well, to be honest...I had no idea what to expect.  Either way...it's good progress and I'm happy for it.  And for those of you wondering, I have lost the equivalent of 1 seriously overweight skunk...


No...not my skunk

The weekend was good.  Nothing too exciting.  My car is "fixed."  I put that in quotes because I won't believe it until I drive around a good week or so without having issues.  Luckily, said car is still under warranty so not much out of pocket expense there.  I did finish up my budget.  Turns out my hubby and I were on the same page and some big cuts are coming.  We're doing away with cable because we just don't watch that much TV.  We're also doing away with the Internet (at least until we move in June because then we can use a different service provider and get a better deal).  As far as cell phones go... with all the trouble we've had with the car, it would have been an absolute nightmare if I didn't have a cell phone to use when I kept getting stranded places.  So we're not doing away with that.  What we are going to do is research changing our plan to a less expensive one and see what we really need out of them.  Obviously, the biggest areas we can cut has to do with FOOD!  We eat out WAY too often so that's where the biggest change is going to come from.  Not only will that be good for the pocketbook but also good for the waistline.  We're also going to try to cut down on the driving on weekends since gas has gotten so high (again, this will be until we move...we just live so far away from stuff right now).  It feels good to have a financial plan and I'm ready to really start saving some money.

Not a whole lot else going on.  Doing OK on the food front.  My choices weren't the best over the weekend but I certainly ate a whole lot less of it.  I did finally make it back to the gym yesterday.  It was a mental battle, I tell you.  I still REALLY didn't want to go and the idea of doing my 5k program just sounded like the absolutely worst idea ever.  I went.  I didn't do the 5k program but I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, upping the incline every 3 minutes or so.  Then I did some weight lifting...working on my arms (Dear Lord!  The flab!), legs and back.  I worked up a good sweat and it felt good.  Going back tomorrow.  Hope everyone had a fantastic Monday and are looking forward to an even better Tuesday!

11 comments:

Lyla said...

Congratulations on the milestone- good work!

Angela said...

Yea!!! Good for you!

Rhonda said...

Awesome job on the 40 lbs, and getting to the gym! :)

Stephanie M. said...

Congrats on losing your skunk! ;-) That's an awesome milestone.

Sarah G said...

Congrats on 40 lbs gone!!!

Read said...

Woo Hoo - that's fantastic!!!

Amanda said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats on the 40 pounds!

nikki said...

Congrats to you, my friend! That's fantastic!! :) && that overwieght skunk is all kinds of cute, lol.

Rachel said...

Congrats...!!!!!!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the 40, that's so awesome!

Amanda Kiska said...

40 lbs. is awesome! You're doing so well! I'm glad you and your husband are working through the financial questions.