Progress

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Weekend in Review

First item of business...my weekly Weigh In.  You may have figured out that I do this every Monday.  If not, you're not really paying attention.  Anyhoo - 196.  That's 1/2 lb down from last week.  *sigh*  Don't get me wrong...always happy when the scale is still moving in the right direction but this was the first week in a long time where I really focused on WHAT I was eating and making sure I was EXERCISING.  Other weeks, I really focused on HOW MUCH I was eating as opposed to what and exercise was practically nonexistent.  Why is it when I get serious about fitness and health, my body says "Whoa there Slugger!  What is it you think you're doing exactly?"  I've decided my body is just rebelling against the 5k training I'm doing...trying to talk me out of it.  Well..not this time.  This somewhat disappointing weigh in did not lead to a binge or anything remotely resembling drowning my sorrows in food.  Moral victory there.

Workouts - Yes I did my 2 workouts on Saturday.  I did my last 5k workout of the week and my Latin Heat class.  It is, as it turns out, Zumba.  I over heard the instructor talking to one of the uber-excited workout people about it and she made the comment that she's been teaching Zumba for over a year now.  So there you go.  I liked even better the second time but I think it's because the music was better.  Anyhoo...between the 2 workouts, I was beat.  Monday came and I started Week 2 Day 1 of my 5k training.  Whew.  That's gonna kill me.  For those wondering, it goes 2.5 minutes running followed by 2.5 minutes walking.  You do this 5 times.  My pace is holding steady at 4.3 but it is taking me longer to recover so we'll see how it all goes.  It works out to 1.75 miles in a 1/2 hour.  Not awful.  Week 2 Day 2 comes tomorrow.

Social Life and a NSV - Some of you my recall my "Shy" post.  I had a goal of becoming more sociable.  I think I did alright this weekend.  Friday night, I went out dancing with an old friend of mine.  She's single and hot (always has been).  The last time I went dancing with her was about 40 lbs ago.  I didn't get hit on once that night.  Friday night, I got hit on several times.  Now, I'm still the one who gets stuck with the "ugly friend."  You all know what I'm talking about.  If two of you go out, chances are your hot friend gets hit on by hot guys and those guys all have a less attractive friend.  For you men out there, it works the same way.  There's the hot chick and then her less than attractive friend.  But ugly friend or no, it's nice to feel desirable.  LOL.  Now, before anyone starts thinking I'm having marriage difficulties, I'm not.  I even went home and told my hubby I got hit on by no one older than 24 (awesome! LOL).  He actually said, "Great! I know you were a little bummed no one hit on you last time."  Does my guy rock or what?  The real NSV though is that I didn't get worn out dancing.  40 lbs ago, my feet and back were aching just an hour in and I had to stop to rest several times.  This time, I stopped once because I was really hot and wanted water and another time because one guy entirely too handsy so I had to make an excuse to get off the dance floor.  Saturday night, my hubby and I went to a 70's/80's themed skate party.  You read that right.  And yes, all these people are in their 30's going to a skate party.  These are my hubby's friends and they are... an interesting group... to say the least.  Anywhoozle, the NSV here...I dressed up in my best 80's garb that I had laying around the house and wasn't self conscious a bit... aside from that whole "please let other people dress up" thing.  That didn't have anything to do with my appearance so much as my "i don't want to look like a dork" obsession that was discussed previously.  So there you have it, not only did I get out and socialize TWICE this weekend but felt pretty good doing it.

Awards - I have been awarded with 2 awards this week!  Award post to follow in the next day or so but wanted to get huge thanks out to Renea for the Stylish Blogger Award and to Patrick for the Irresistibly Sweet award.  I admit...I don't think anyone's ever called me irresistible sweet before...irresistibly wicked, sarcastic, witty, etc...but never sweet.  Go figure.  Anyway, I am truly touched.  Thanks again!

For those States side and had yesterday off, I hope you enjoyed your long weekend and aren't having too hard of a time getting back to the grind.  For those who didn't have it off, you didn't miss much.  For those globally,  Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds to me like you had a really great week! I also know that when I get some really good workouts in and it has been a while since I have..I tend to lose slow. But you are doing it and it is still coming off and that is great! Congrats on the awards too! You are sweet! I agree with Patrick!

~Lisa~ said...

Great weekend!! Sounds like an incredible workout, and getting hit on is always fun!! I would have loved to have seen a pic of you Guys dressed up in 80's gear, how fun is that???

Congratulations on your awards - they are most deserved because you ARE Stylishly Sweet!!

Patrick said...

CONGRATS on the /2 lb down from last week - celebrate every loss, you've earned every celebration no matter how big, small, medium, semi-large, not-so-big, and whatever other technical measurement term is out there.

And you got hit on several times... now that is worthy of celebration too. How about celebrating with 10 push ups? Well, don't say no so fast. For me, the old me would have celebrated such a thing with 10 donuts. The new me celebrates with push ups. Thats just me, which is a whole different story.

Keep on doing good here & stay irresistibly sweet!