Progress

Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick Update

Just wanted to drop a quick note to give an update. My week (from a weight loss perspective) sucked last week. Just couldn't seem to stick to anything but the "no soda" rule. This week I'm actually trying my husband's protein shake dealies for two meals a day. I'm doing this for two reasons: #1: This week is super busy at work and doing the whole lunch/breakfast thing just isn't going to happen so at least I won't be starving and #2: The one thing I really can't let happen is to gain any weight during my six month diet. I think if I do one week a month of this protein thing and one healthy meal at night...it'll ensure that I at least maintain my current weight. As for my hubby, he's doing GREAT! He's allowing himself one meal a day on the weekend as a reward for doing so well during the week. Saturday he had a big ol' mediterranean salad with very little dressing and yesterday he had a bowl of homemade low cal chili. He officially weighed in Sunday morning and he' s lost 17 lbs already! That certainly helped remotivate him for this week.

As for the rest of the weekend...I got ALL my Christmas shopping done on Sunday. Wahoo! I'm one of those still-shopping-at-5:3opm-Christmas-Eve kind of people so that's HUGE for me. LOL. I went out dancing Friday night which haven't done in years. Learned a couple things...I'm too old for my old stomping ground but still too young for some of the other clubs that had older folks bumpin' and grindin' on the dance floor like they were in some rap video. I think next time I'll have to head off to Scottsdale where people my own age seem to congregate. Overall though, I had a great time. I got to hang out with one of my best friends from high school so that's always a treat! Hope y'all have a great week!

No comments: