Progress

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ain't no cure for the Holiday Blues


Hello All. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. As the title suggests, I'm feeling a little down. Let me first say that my Christmas was really nice, the girls were so excited and loved all their presents and the Giant Minnie Mouse was a GIANT hit! That being said...

I fought off the bad feelings for the holiday itself but it started Christmas Eve. I had to get a last minute gift for my daughter so I ran to Target. Both girls were with me so I had to figure out a way to hide the gift until we got to the register. So since I could use a new pair of pajamas any way, I picked up an XL set and wrapped the gift in it so they couldn't see it. You guessed it. They don't fit. I guess I'm not really surprised but the last time I went to Target and bought a shirt there, it fit. So needless to say, it just made me feel fat and ridiculous. So now I have XL goal pajamas sitting in my closet because I just can't bring myself to return them (not that I like them that much but I feel ashamed).

Flash to Christmas day...my husband bought me a very pretty sterling silver bracelet that I had wanted from Macy's. I looked at this thing and I'm thinking there was no way it was going to fit around my fat wrist. It did...but barely. It's not cutting off circulation or anything but it doesn't fit as well as I'd like.

I always feel a little depressed when Christmas is over as it is my favorite time of year and I love the decorations and the Christmas music and all the festivities. So it's always a little sad to me when it's over and the decorations start coming down. I don't take mine down until the weekend after New Year's but still...

We bought new bins for the girls the put their toys in (trying to get organized and cleaner in 2010. LOL) and just organizing their room and picking up all the toys and cleaning everything up left me exhausted. It shouldn't be like this! I'm not even 30 years old! I should have plenty of energy!

I guess it was just a few little things that have gotten under my skin this year - about my weight in particular. Needless to say that month 2 is not going as well as month 1 with all the holiday eating. Blah. I promise I'll be back with holiday pictures and a more positive attitude later this week. Just felt the need to get some feelings out. I know none of this is earth shattering but it just hurts my mood...


Happy Monday to all!

1 comment:

THE DASH! said...

Ahh Manda,

The best thing - at least I think - about the band is the fact we can pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and get back on that wagon. Those things that are tight for you now - the PJ's and bracelet... well, it won't always be that way. With the band you WILL lose that bit and before you know it, you will be dancing around the house in the Target jammies, swinging your wrist as you admire that beautiful bracelet.

Doing well, kiddo.. xxx