Progress

Monday, December 10, 2012

2 Weeks and Counting

Weekend was good.  Saturday, we did a little shopping and then I went to the gingerbread party.  A little background...these are my husband's friends.  They hold the gingerbread party every year and I've never attended.  We've always had so many other events that required babysitters that he usually went and I skipped it.  For whatever reason, they were pretty insistent that I come despite Hubby being gone.  If you've been following me for any amount of time, you realize this is a social nightmare for me.  But I went, I drank and I had fun.  It was nice getting out of the house and, yes, away from my girls for an evening.  I drank too much with too little food and was feeling it the next day but I'm glad I went.

Yesterday was lazy.  I did a load of laundry and that was about it as far as errands go.  I also decided, however, that my girls have been cooped up too much and we needed to do something.  So we went for a walk.  We walked to my parents' house, about a mile away.  Lori rode her new scooter and Maddie practiced on her skateboard.  They're getting pretty good but it just felt good to be out.  Maddie and I also walked back but Lori was tuckered out so my mom drove her home.  Once at my parents' house, the girls helped my mom decorate the house for Christmas.  Of course the girls loved that.  I'm having an especially difficult time getting into the holiday spirit this year.  I'm not putting up any decorations since the packers are coming 12/19...no tree...I'm not doing the shopping this year (Hubby is).  We're watching the movies and singing the songs but it's tough.  It's also still SO warm here...Today's the first day under 70 degrees...while I'm watching all these Christmas movies with snow and stuff.  *sigh*  And I'm moving to Florida where the weather is practically identical.  Stupid!

So that was the weekend.  Nothing too exciting there.  It's like I took the weekend off from everything and that was desperately needed with how busy things have been and getting sick and all that stuff.  This week, I'm tackling my closet and starting to clean up a bit.  I have a going away dinner on Thursday night, meeting my BFF on Saturday and the AZ Blogger Lunch on Sunday (Yay!).  Busy week ahead.

On that note, a Monday DEMotivator:

1 comment:

jennxaz said...

whoa...socializing alone..I almost spit my coffee...so out of your comfort zone! lol! glad you had some fun adult time.. Can't wait for lunch this sunday!!!!! so going to miss seeing you at our lunches..I mean really you are my laugh zone there!