- Dinner was good. Despite a few kitchen mishaps (do any of you suffer from bad cooking days? Where it seems it's harder to cook or more stuff goes wrong than normal? Well, that was yesterday for me.), the food came out very yummy.
- I got an early Christmas gift from my BFF...a new personalized phone case with a pic of the girls at Disney. So cool!
- As is tradition, I had my first cup of eggnog with my mom to kick off the holiday season. Mmmm...Me gusta egg nog mucho!
- I really missed Hubby on Thanksgiving. I found myself a little weepy in the morning, making kids breakfast and loading up the car and stuff.
- I felt really bad for Hubby later when I talked to him and he sounded so down that he spent Thanksgiving alone.
- He's not going to feel any better, missing Lori's birthday later in the week. :(
- In the middle of all the hustle and bustle yesterday, I discovered that we all have lice. My girls and me. Eeeeewwwww! So effing gross! So I got to run to CVS to buy lice treatment for all 3 of us and spent yesterday evening shampooing and combing and all that nasty stuff.
- The lice stuff is something Hubby would usually do for me because he knows how badly I'd be icked out. I had to suck it up.
- It was also really difficult to comb through my hair and it's difficult to see what I'm doing. God I miss him. I may have to ask my mom to see if it looks like I got everything. Eeeeewwww again.
- It was a little sad to think this was the last Thanksgiving here in Phoenix. I'm hoping my parents will make an annual trip out to Jacksonville so we can at least keep that going.
- I was happy that while I did overindulge yesterday that it wasn't a complete derailment. I skipped breakfast, had Thanksgiving lunch and yes a small slice of each of the pies, the eggnog and that was it. No dinner as I was too full. Not bad compared to preband indulgence.
So it was a good day and a challenging day. I realize how lucky I am that I have my girls and my parents and friends around me right now but missed Hubby something terrible. It makes me really glad we're going to be together for Christmas.
Let's lighten the mood with a Friday Funny: