So I started Ten Thing Thursday yesterday but didn't get it finished up...so here we go. The part is blue is what I've added today.
1. I worked out TWICE yesterday (Wednesday). I did the cardio kickboxing class and a Zumba class. I had a protein smoothie in between. I felt so good about this.
2. I realized last night that Zumba just isn't enough anymore. When I first started back at the gym at 230 lbs, I tried Zumba and loved it and it kicked my butt. I still like it, I think it's tons of fun and is a decent work out. But it's not the BEST workout for me anymore. It's not enough. I need to add weights or something to do before or after in order to really challenge myself.
3. I also realized how HUGE that is!
4. A friend of mine has been trying to get back to the gym so she's been hitting a few classes with me. Again, thin does not equal fit. She struggles through the classes and is sore the next day and all those terrible things that come with working out at first. When I told her I had done the kickboxing class before Zumba, she was somewhat astounded and then asked, "Could you do that when you first started?" The question cracked me up. Of course I couldn't! I remember starting out with my BFF who had just lost a bunch of weight and how I felt very uncoordinated, clumsy, slow and out of shape next to her. Now I'M that friend. Crazy switcheroo in my mind!
5. I'm going to Bodyworks tonight. I'm hoping Yolanda takes it a bit easy as I'm a little tired. She didn't. :)
6. 5 Days to Disney!!! Wahoo! I think we're telling the girls tonight. So excited! All kinds of drama with this last night but over it now and all is well. :)
7. They moved my desk at work and my new location sucks big fat donkey balls. *SIGH*
8. I took notice of my recovery time last night. I thought I'd struggle with Yolanda's class because of the two workouts the night before but I was good. It used to take me days to recover from workouts like that. Now I wake up a little sore and stiff but by mid morning, I'm not sore at all...leaving me fine for my next work out.
9. In my search for a hobby, I realized that I don't really have time for one so I'm taking a cop out. I'm claiming working out as my new hobby. I enjoy it, it takes up at least an hour of my day a few times a week and I'm enjoying the benefits. It distracts me from day to day stress. Hobby - Check.
10. NSV - So I had an NSV I had never thought of before yesterday. Now, no matter how close to my car the douche canoe next to me parks, I can squeeze out of it. I don't have to crawl across the front seat to get out on the passenger's side. Now I may still bang the car door into that other car to teach them a lesson but overcoming urges to do things like that requires additional personal growth.
11. Friday Funny: