Progress

Thursday, July 12, 2012

TTT 7-12-12

Time for a Ten Thing Thursday, courtesy of Laura Belle (I think).

  1. I hit the gym yesterday...surprisingly hard.  I walked for 60 minutes and worked my way up to a 5% incline.  I burned almost 300 calories.  That's pretty sweet.  I also did 20 minutes of my weight training.
  2. I HAD to hit it hard at the gym because I did waver from my sugar detox yesterday.  I had an ice cream sandwich.  Ugh.  Must get better at resisting temptation when people bring stuff to work.  I was all set to resist cake but the ice cream sandwich got me.  I haven't had one of those in YEARS and it was so worth it.  I still ended the day 100 calories below the goal and that was my only stray on the sugar in the first 3 days.
  3. Blogger is being a butt and won't let me unfollow people.  Everytime I click on "manage blogs" it tells me it can't pull the information for me.  Anyone else having this problem?  No offense to anyone I stop following, but it's time to do some housekeeping...if Blogger will let me, that is.  
  4. I'm feeling pretty good about how I'm doing this week.  I've gotten a couple questions about paleo and my work out regimen so I may do a post about that tomorrow or next week.  
  5. I have to do my midyear review before I leave for vacay.  I'm getting all my ducks in a row for when my boss does something really crappy.  I gotta tell ya...if I get anything lower than a "meets expectations," the fit is going to hit the shan....big time.
  6. One annoying thing about flying with kids is booster seats.  It's cheaper to take ours than rent them with the car (so annoying) so I've got to fly with them.  Now according to the airlines' website, it doesn't count as one of your 2 carry ons so you can do that or you can check it for free.  That's nice but now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do. We're not checking any other luggage so it's kind of a pain to check this and have to wait around for it when we get it.  On the other hand, I don't like the idea of hauling around these 2 booster seats on top of all of our other carry on luggage through airports and we have a stop along the way...sounds exhausting.  I'll probably end up checking them unless any of you have a better suggestion???
  7. So the inlaw drama isn't over.  Now my mother in law is coming to visit.  To recap, my father in law came 2 weeks ago without her (they are not divorced) and for some unknown reason, even though they're both retired and have nothing better to do, my mother in law is coming August 2nd.  I have no idea why she couldn't just come with her husband 2 weeks ago.  They're so annoying.  Beyond annoying...they seriously stress me out.  Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.  I told my husband we should have a rule that they must visit together so we don't get double the time of stress.
  8. 6 Days until vacay and it can't come soon enough.  (Part of me wanted my mother in law to say she was coming the week before she is so we wouldn't be here.  It would serve her right after everything she's done.  Yep...I'm mean.  What can I say?)
  9. This one's going to serve as my political/current event rant for the day, no need to get all offended by it as I usually don't say much around here but there are a few things bugging me:  I don't think Daniel Tosh should've apologized for sparring with a heckler (and let's face it, that's all she was).  The two party system is destroying America.  Why is the Treyvon Martin (sp?) makeshift memorial being moved to a freakin' museum?!?!  Regardless of what side of the issue you're on, surely this seems like overkill.  And again, no matter what side you're on, how can someone get a fair trial in a city that is now housing a memorial for the victim in one of its museums?!?!  The Supreme Court ticks me off.  In my opinion, the Supreme Court should be immune to politics since the justices are appointed for life.  It's not like they have to run for re-election or anything so why must they bring the politics into every decision they make?  Interpreting the constitutionality of a law should not come down to party lines.
  10. I'm not sure if I'm going to the gym today.  I brought my gym stuff but I honestly don't really feel like it.  I'm hoping that motivation strikes me before I leave work so that I drive to the gym and get it done.  It could just be that I'm extra tired this morning (for no apparent reason) so the gym doesn't sound inviting RIGHT NOW but will later.  Let's hope that's the case.
So I'm rockin' this week (at least in my humble opinion)!  What about you?  Have you taken the bull by the horns and taken him for a spin?  Have you tried a new class or new exercise or found a way to burn some calories around the house that you'd like to share?  Ronnie started a new blog all about her Keto lifestyle.  Head on over and see what it's all about.  I've looked into Keto a bit and overall, I like the premise.  So what's on your plate this Thursday??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RockBand Barbie said...

My in laws drive me crazy too. Fortunately for me they rarely come here and when they do they choose to get a hotel room. We usually only go there right after Christmas...which is more than enough for me. Have fun on your vacay!

Mar's kids said...

Hoo boy - at least my MIL lives a few hundred miles away and doesn't travel well. Good luck with that!

You are rocking this week for sure - WOOT!

Jules said...

Great job on this week and yay for upcoming vacation! I spent over an hour yesterday trying to "unfollow" blogs, it was a pain in the ass! I always have issues when I'm using Internet Explorer, google chrome is so fast for me. It feels good to clean up the blog roll though, I had so many blogs listed that have been abandoned!

Rhonda said...

#1 - YAY! So awesome! I went for a walk last night as well. :)
#3 - Amen! I can't seem to unfollow anyone lately. You know how I like to do that. lol It was even showing people I had unfollowed quite a while ago. Very strange.

Ah, that's exhausting trying to keep up with the number. I'm so glad you're doing paleo. I'm going to start that when I get to a comfortable weight. I really like the idea of it, as I miss fruits... I used to have an apple a day!

Thanks for the shout out about my other blog. I love that anyone's willing to read it, much less give me a shout! :D

Oh, and I would definitely start enforcing that "come together" rule for the in-laws. My grandparents are really annoying, too... I imagine this is how my dad feels every time they come to visit. Ugh.

jennxaz said...

totally agree on all accounts on #9
glad you made it to the gym!!!