Progress

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Speedy Docs

So I got a call from one of my doc's offices and my med record are ready to be picked up. Sweet! That was quick. I've been going there since 2006 so that's 3 years of showing I've been fat awhile down. Now, just waiting on the not-so-nice doc's office to fax over their stuff and that should give me my 5 years. WAHOO! Truth be told though, I could probably get 10 years worth if I needed to but oh well...

So was looking at Amy's blog and she posed an interesting question that I will answer here... "Is it easier to stay motivated if you were once thin?" Since I've never been particularly thin, I'd like to say "YES!" and shove it down the skinny people's throats! LOL. However, seeing as I've never been in that spectrum, I honestly don't know. I know I felt pretty good when I was a size 10. At the time, I felt like a big, fat cow that needed to lose 20 lbs but these days, I recall really enjoying myself and my clothes in a size 10. I think the motivation changes somewhat though if you've never been thin. I think there's an idea out there that everything is better when you're thin and I think there is SOME truth to that. For instance, you get more free drinks, doors open for you, and I do believe that in some instances more career opportunities. But the truth is, everyone has problems. Some of my best friends are thin and they can't keep a relationship or they can't figure out what they want to be when they grow up or they're surprisingly lonely. If you already have these issues and overweight, you're still going to have those issues post weight.

My main motivation is I want to do the things I used to be able to do at size 10, 12 and even 14 before my joints started hurting, my feet were constantly swollen and my back was in a constant spasm. I want to hike, swim (really swim....not just float around the pool), go to the beach (without hiding behind a giant raft or something), travel (without worrying about crushing the person next to me), amusement parks (specifically taking my daughter on her first trip to Disney World). And I want to do all the things that I didn't get to do because of time or whatever and now can't do because of the weight - white water rafting, skydiving (you have to be under 200 lbs to jump tandem), kayaking, scuba diving, snowboarding.

In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming and working towards finally getting a surgery date.

No comments: