Progress

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Is This Week Over Yet?

Where to start.  We'll start at the gym.  I went to the gym last night and was going to start my work out on the stair climber.  It's one of the ones that look like this;
I have a love/hate relationship with this machine.  I HATE it when I'm on it.  It's truly the devil but I LOVE how much I sweat the calories I burn on it.  Now I have used this machine in the past...no problem.  I am short so getting on is kind of a big heave ho to the first step but no biggie.  While there is always a little give to the steps when I stand on it, it certainly isn't fast and it's not like it's ON.  Well, last night, I went to step on it and it immediately gave way as if the belt was slipping and since I wasn't completely on the first step yet and couldn't get up fast enough, I fell straight down on to the gym floor.  The guy next me jumped off his to see if I was okay.  I was so freakin' embarrassed.  Another gym patron went and got an employee.  I felt like such an idiot.  The employee looked at the machine, deemed it broken and put a sign on it.  At least it wasn't just me being too stupid to use gym equipment but still.  So I had this internal conversation with myself as I'm trying to tell everyone I'm fine and get up with as much dignity as I could muster:

Me: "Self, I cannot believe I did that!"
Self: "Run!  Get out of here as quickly as you can.  You're such an idiot."
Me: "I don't understand how that happened.  Can I not even step up on to a machine anymore?  Have I gotten THAT fat and uncoordinated?
Self: "Yes you have.  And everyone is staring.  OMG.  They're asking if you need ice.  Answer them. Say no.  Say SOMETHING."

I mumble no to the ice and wave away the very helpful hand of the guy next to me to heave myself up into a standing position.

Self:  "Seriously, grab your keys, drive away and never come back.  You can never come back here.  Don't let your face turn red.  Salvage your dignity woman!"
Me: "You just shut up."

So I got on the treadmill instead.

Needless to say, it was a rough workout and by the time I got home.  I HURT.  The whole left side of my body hurt and still hurts today.

So this morning, I'm supposed to have my new mattress delivered. They gave me the very specific window of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.  Fine.  I'm going to be home all day anyway.  I'm walking out of the house to walk the girls to the bus stop at 7:20 a.m. this morning when the truck is pulling up.  Of course they're early.  SIGH.  But then...BAM!!!  They ran over my mailbox!!!


I've already called Customer Service and am opening a claim.  The HOA here is super strict and all the mailboxes, posts, etc. are identical so I got the number of the company they use and left them a message this morning.  And now I have back to back to back meetings until 5 tonight.  Awesome.  Meanwhile, I'll keep icing my leg from last night's fall and just try to get through the day without killing someone.  At least I have an assistant to help me out.

5 comments:

Amy W. said...

Lol. I am not laughing at you...but with you...even though you aren't laughing just yet. Man. Both of those things suck. Good for you for getting on the damn treadmill. How about a lawsuit? Also, since when do people actually show up early? And your mailbox? Sadly it is only Wednesday...but Thursday will be here soon. Hopefully no more drama falls upon you today. xoxo

Shelley said...

Oy vey, what a day! Hope today is much, much better. Your assistant is super cute, btw. :)

SlimExpectations said...

awww, this happens hope you are fine.

MaryFran said...

Don't listen to your mini me self! The machine broke and that has NOTHING to do with your weight, your competency or your physical abilities! Unfortunate accident!

Take care of yourself!!!! Let yourself heal and feel better!!!!!!

Amanda Kiska said...

I am super impressed that you got on the treadmill after wanting to leave! Great job! Sorry about your mailbox. I'm sure it will be sorted out. Yeah for a new mattress!