Progress

Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 82 Weigh In

PreOp Diet Weigh In: 226
Surgery Day Weigh In: 218.5
Day 82 Weigh In: 201
Change Since Last Week: -0.5

Down 1/2 lb since last week.  I was expecting a better outcome this week but it's moving in the right direction so I'm not going to complain about it.

This weekend was relatively uneventful.  We hung out with the neighbors Saturday evening and the girls had a friend sleep over.  Sunday was spent working on Lori's school project and Maddie's campaign posters.
A couple thoughts about my daughter running for Student Council.  She is in 5th grade and she is a geeky kid.  She comes by it honestly.  Hubby and I... both geeks.  She's very introverted and has a hard time making friends.  She always manages to make one or two throughout the year...usually other slightly odd kiddos like her.  This is fine.  I was the same way.  Hubby swung the other direction and would have TONS of friends but few very close ones.  Anyway, the point is she has NO CHANCE of winning.  That's just reality.  However, I am so freakin' proud of her for running.  She has to give a speech in front of the whole school (she had to do that last year for a speech contest too so she's got SOME experience with it) and campaign and all that jazz.  I would never have the guts to run for office in school because we all know it's a popularity contest.  It's not about anything other than how many people like you.  She's got a snowball's chance in hell but I hope she realizes how awesome she is to take the chance.

On that note, this is another week and another opportunity to take a chance on myself.  Possibly big news coming tomorrow, stay tuned...



No comments: